Created in 2010, AngelList's stated mission is to help startups save the world. AngelList was born out of VentureHacks.com, a website for entrepreneurs created by Babak Nivi and Naval Ravikant.
AngelList Fundraising is an investment platform through which they're the most active early-stage investor in the world. AngelList facilitates investments via Syndicates and Angel Funds and has invested over $650M since 2013. They are backed by institutional and individual investors.
AngelList Talent is a free talent marketplace that connects tech companies with prospective employees, often engineers, designers and other startup people. Each year they facilitate over 1M mutual opt-in intros between companies and candidates.
AngelList acquired Product Hunt in 2016. Product Hunt is an internet company started by Ryan Hoover that helps startups launch and find customers. It's also used by established companies for a variety of reasons. Product Hunt continues to run independent of AngelList.
In 2016 AngelList co-created CoinList with Protocol Labs (Filecoin). CoinList is the only platform for cryptocurrency companies to compliantly launch their ICO. Filecoin raised over $200M for their ICO on CoinList. Naval Ravikant is actively involved in the CoinList project.
In 2016, AngelList also spun out Republic, a marketplace focused on enabling startups to be legally crowdfunded by non-accredited investors as a result of changes in the JOBS act. Republic was founded by early AngelList team members Kendrick Ngyuen, and Paul Menchov.
Roomi is a New York-based company offering an online roommate-matching platform
Cabify is a ride-sharing company that operates in Latin America, Spain, and Portugal.
StratiFi is a San Francisco-based company offering a risk analysis platform for investment advisors looking for help identifying risk associated with investment portfolios and business.
Axiom Space is a company that is primarily interested in providing human spaceflight services
Plasso is a Carlsbad, California-based financial technology company founded by Drew Wilson.
OpenSpace is a U.S-based company developing photo documentation solutions for the construction industry.
Fabric8Labs is a California-based ECAM metal 3D printing company.
Scope AR is an augmented reality company. It develops AR solutions for remote tasks, employee training, product and equipment assembly, maintenance and repair, field and customer support.
Meeting management software company founded in 2016
Framer is an Amsterdam-based startup that developed interactive design platform Framer X.
Artificial Intelligence company
A company offering a smart transportation platform using artificial intelligence to monitor vehicle tires using sensors.
Associated investment funds
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- StartupA startup company is an entrepreneurial venture in the initial stage of its operations. Startups are typically young businesses aiming to grow quickly and meet a marketplace need by developing or offering an innovative product, process or service.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Y CombinatorY Combinator (also known as YC) is a US based seed accelerator, which was started in March 2005.
- CoinListCoinlist is a financial services platform for digital assets that is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was founded in 2017 by Andy Bromberg, Brian Tubergen, Graham Jenkin, Joshua Slayton, Kendrick Nguyen, and Paul Menchov.
- Protocol LabsProtocol Labs is the company behind Coinlist (along side AngelList) and Filecoin. Juan Benet is the founder of Protocol Labs.
- FilecoinFilecoin is a blockchain based storage and cryptocurrency created by Protocol Labs.
- Naval RavikantNaval Ravikant is an angel investor, podcaster, and entrepreneur. He is the CEO and co-founder of AngelList, and is the founder of several other technology companies such as Epinions, Vast.com, MetaStable, The Hit Forge, and Genoa Corp.
- Show More