CoinList is an American cryptocurrency exchange platform that provides investors with early access to both the newest cryptocurrencies on the market and blue-chip cryptocurrencies. The company is based in San Francisco, California. The company was founded in 2017 by co-founders Andrew Bromberg, Brian Tubergen, Graham Jenkin, Joshua Slayton, Kendrick Nguyen, and Paul Menchov. Bromberg was the company's president from August 2017 to October 2020. Jenkin is CoinList's CEO.
CoinList's platform offers users exclusive access to the newest cryptocurrency tokens where they can invest in them before the tokens hit other markets. Users can also trade a variety of blue-chip cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and Solana. CoinList offers a wallet to store cryptocurrency at no extra cost. Users can browse and purchase from the platform on either CoinList's website or its mobile app, available for both iOS and Android devices. CoinList also offers staking services for certain assets that can earn users monthly rewards while still keeping full ownership over the coins. CoinList users can access decentralized finance (DeFi) lending by using Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) or Wrapped Filecoin (EFIL) and deploying it on various DeFi protocol programs.
CoinList launched CoinList Karma in 2021, a point system that awards Karma points based on the user's number of contributions through value-add activities to CoinList's token networks. Activities eligible for earning Karma include staking, trading, minting, lending, or borrowing on CoinList, among other activities. As of early 2022, the system is still in development, and the only available benefit of Karma at the time is a potential invitation to CoinList's Priority Queue for token sales, provided the user's Karma is high enough (approximately 1,000). CoinList stated that Karma points will eventually be able to be used to purchase "a variety of rewards."
CoinList's platform, CoinList Seed, was launched in 2020 and is designed for new, early-stage crypto companies to connect with the global larger investment community. It hosted over fifty early-stage startups in the program in 2021, including Clover Finance and RabbitHole. Since then, its participators have received funding from major investment and venture capital firms including Electric Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin, and Placeholder Ventures.
On April 5, 2018, CoinList raised $9.2 million in a series A round led by Polychain Capital, with participating investors Libertus Capital, FBG Capital, Electric Capital, Digital Currency Group, and CoinFund. In October 2019, CoinList raised $10 million in a series A round led by Polychain Capital with venture capital firm Collaborative Fund and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey. In October 2021, CoinList raised $100 million in their largest funding round yet of a series A round, led by Accomplice VC and Agman Partners with participating investors Alphemy Capital, Metaplanet, and Continue Capital, among others. As of October 2021, CoinList is valued at over $1.5 billion.
A Deep Dive Into Stader: Building Infrastructure For Staking
January 20, 2022
CoinList 2021: Year in Review
December 31, 2021
CoinList Co-founder: Crypto Market Will Be Cyclical For a Long Time | NewsBTC
CoinList Cofounder Andy Bromberg and Ramon Recuero
April 18, 2018
CoinList's Fifth ICO Is a $61 Million Bid to Tokenize All the Assets - CoinDesk
- CorporationA corporation is a company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity (legally a person) and recognized as such in law.
- OrganizationAn organization or organisation is an entity comprising multiple people, such as an institution or an association, that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment.
- StartupA startup company is an entrepreneurial venture in the initial stage of its operations. Startups are typically young businesses aiming to grow quickly and meet a marketplace need by developing or offering an innovative product, process or service.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Protocol LabsProtocol Labs is an open-source R&D lab.
- Show More
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- UrbitUrbit is a stack that allows for a decentralized filesystem address space created by startup Tlon.
- Basic Attention TokenBasic Attention Token (BAT) claims to improve the efficiency of digital advertising by creating a new unit of exchange between publishers, advertisers and users.
- Show More