The content that can be accessed using our Service comes from two types of sources. The first type is content provided by our Company (“Non-User-Generated Content”). The second type is content submitted by the users of our Service (“User-Generated Content”), including any content that you submit (“Your Content”).
User-Generated Content includes any content, regardless of form or substance, submitted by any user, including Pro tier and Enterprise tier users, via any means provided by the Service. Except, User-Generated Content does not include any custom content (for example, ‘custom fields’ and ‘custom topics’).
Content Standards. By using the Service to submit content, you agree and represent that such User-Generated Content complies with all of the following Content Standards and any applicable local and international laws and regulations. User-Generated Content must not:
- Infringe any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
- Contain any material which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or harmful.
- Contain any sexually explicit or pornographic material.
- Promote violence, vandalism or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Take additional caution in creating pages about living individuals as you bear the responsibility for the accuracy of such. You may not submit poorly cited or inaccurate information about living individuals.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity.
- Give the impression that you or any of Your Content emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
- Be intended to deceive any person or be fraudulent.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Contain any personal health information (as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) or cardholder data (as defined under the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards).
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
Content License. Our Service has been designed from the start to encourage a deep, extensive view on knowledge and to share this knowledge with everyone. To accomplish these goals, we require that any User-Generated Content be contributed under the following conditions.
What you may submit. You may only submit the content that will allow us to re-share it with all other users under the Creative Commons Attribution, Share-Alike International 4.0 license CC BY-SA 4.0. This means that you may only submit content that:
- you own all rights to; or
- you are expressly licensed to share on terms that are compatible with the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; or
- is in the public domain and is not subject to any proprietary rights.
Content you own. You hereby agree to license any content submitted by you, to which you own the rights, under the Creative Commons Attribution, Share-Alike International 4.0 license (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. This means that anyone will be able to copy and redistribute Your Content in any medium or format and also remix, transform, and build upon Your Content for any purpose, even commercially.
Moral rights, such as the right of integrity, are not licensed under this license, nor are publicity, privacy, or other similar personality rights; however, to the extent possible, you hereby waive and agree not to assert any such rights held by you to the extent necessary to allow the Company to exercise the rights granted under this license.
Content under license from others. When you submit content that was licensed to you by others, you hereby represent and warrant that such content is available under terms that are compatible with the CC BY-SA 4.0 license. This means that the source license must:
- apply to everyone, not just you or us;
- allow republication and distribution;
- allow publication of derivative works;
- allow commercial use of the work (and not be limited to, for example, educational, personal, or editorial use only);
- never expire; and
- be irrevocable.
The source license may require:
- attribution to the original authors and contributors (but *not* notification of the authors);
- publication of derivative works under the same license (i.e., share-alike); or
- use of open file formats free of digital restrictions management for digital distribution.
You may not submit any third-party content that does not meet all of the above criteria.
You agree that, when submitting content licensed to you by others, you will abide by, and enable us and our users to abide by, the terms of the license under which you have sourced such content. For example, if the source license requires attribution, you must credit the licensor of the content in a reasonable, license-compliant fashion.
Public domain content. You are welcome to contribute content that is in the public domain, meaning content that is not subject to any proprietary rights in any jurisdiction. Note that content that is freely accessible is not necessarily in the public domain (and, in fact, it usually isn’t). When you contribute content that is in the public domain, you warrant that the material is actually in the public domain.
Attribution to Original Sources. Our goal is to do our best to credit our content contributors and to accurately attribute the content to its sources or authors.
You agree to be attributed for Your Content in any manner that we find to be reasonable and practical, including, for example, through a link to your profile page contained in a Contributors tab on the page that displays Your Content. For attribution purposes, we will use the name that you provide to us in your user profile. If you are contributing content on behalf of another entity, such as your employer, you should do so from an account separate from your own, that reflects the correct contributor entity.
When you submit content, even if no outside requirements for attribution apply, you agree to carefully list your sources by either (i) a hyperlink to the source itself; (ii) a hyperlink to an alternative, stable online copy that is freely accessible, which conforms with the license, and which provides credit to the authors; or (iii) by submitting a list of all authors of the relevant portion of the content (which may exclude very small or irrelevant contributions).
Attribution to our Website. When you re-use any content that you found on our Website or through our Service, we ask that you include a hyperlink back to the relevant page of our Website.
By using the Service to submit content, you agree and represent that such User-Generated Content complies with all of the conditions in this User-Generated Content section. You also acknowledge that you, not the Company, are responsible for Your Content.
To the greatest extent possible, we hereby grant you a Creative Commons Attribution, Share-Alike International 4.0 license (CC BY-SA 4.0) to all original Non-User-Generated Content available via our Service. This means that:
- You may copy and redistribute this content in any medium or format.
- You may adapt, remix, transform, and build upon the content for any purpose, even commercially.
- You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if you made changes to the content. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the Company endorses you or your use.
- If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original (i.e., CC BY-SA 4.0).
- You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Note that some Non-User-Generated Content may have been obtained by us from other sources and could be subject to different license terms.
Complying with License Terms. While we require all User-Generated Content to be compatible with the CC BY-SA 4.0 license, we cannot ensure that the content complies with this requirement. For that reason, if you choose to reuse any content that is made available through our Service, you must review and comply with theunderlying licenses (including ensuring accurate attribution to the original source or author(s) of any licensed content). To determine the license that applies to the content which you seek to re-use or re-distribute, you should review the terms and conditions available at the source of the content, found through the citation links on our Website.
Relying on Content. Any content made available via our Service is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information made available via our Service. While we may periodically update the Service, neither our Service nor its content is necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the content available via our Service may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such content. Any content available via our Service is not to be relied upon for medical, legal, financial, tax or other critical purposes. Any reliance you place on any content made available via our Service, or any information it may convey, is strictly at your own risk.
All statements and opinions expressed in User-Generated Content, and all responses to and comments on User-Generated Content, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company.
You made it! The terms of service agreements between users and companies should be an open and honest dialogue for the benefit of both parties. The first step towards that goal is an informed and engaged community. To give feedback or comments relating to our Services please contact us at email@example.com.