Human Longevity Inc. is a biotechnology company using biological data to create medicine that is headquartered in San Diego, California and was founded in 2013 by Craig Venter, Peter Diamandis, and Robert Hariri.
Human Longevity is developing a database on human genotypes and phenotypes to develop diagnostics and therapeutics against aging-related human diseases and conditions. Human Longevity Inc. databases are available to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic organizations.
They are developing cell-based therapeutics to address decline in endogenous stem cell function and also focus on cancer, diabetes, obesity, heart and liver diseases and dementia. The company performs sequencing and provides human genome sequencing and offers genomic analysis with predictive and preventative care, as well as cancer analysis, newborn screening and screening for rare and undiagnosed diseases. Human Longevity also provides personalized vaccines and cell therapies.
One of the co-founders of Human Longevity is J. Craig Venter which played a large role in the Human Genome Project. Venter left the company in May 2018 and has been accused of misappropriation of trade secrets in a Human Longevity lawsuit filed against him. Venter emailed a statement to Quartz stating that the claims are without merit and that the J. Craig Venter Institute will defend against the allegations and also that Venter is still a shareholder at Human Longevity Inc.
On April 5, 2016 Human Longevity completed their series B funding round with $220 million in funding from Illimina Ventures (lead investor), OS Fund, StartUp Health, GE Ventures, DFJ, Celgene, and Amino Capital.
Dr. Julie Chen at Chicago Fox 32 News on Breast Cancer Awareness
October 19, 2021
Former unicorn genetics startup Human Longevity loses its horn
December 10, 2018
Getting a Better Night's Sleep | KABC 5am Interview with Dr. Julie Chen from Human Longevity
July 13, 2021
Guided Meditation | Loving Kindness Meditation
March 7, 2021
Introducing Human Longevity, Inc. Health Nucleus
October 27, 2015
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology in a broad sense includes the use of living systems and organisms, as well as their parts for the development or production of products.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Unicorn (finance)A privately held startup company with a valuation above $1 billion.
- HealthcareHealth care is the maintenance or improvement of health via the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, amelioration, or cure of disease, illness, injury, and other physical and mental impairments in people. Health care is delivered by health professionals and allied health fields. Medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, midwifery, nursing, optometry, audiolog...
- Human Genome ProjectThe Human Genome Project (HGP), managed by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), completed sequencing the human genome in 2003 and made it freely available to scientists and researchers. The mission of the HGP has expanded to seek understanding of functional components of the genome and role of the genome in health and disease.
- Microbiome and Gut HealthThe field of health as it relates to gut microbiota - the microorganisms inside the human microbiome, including bacteria and archaea that live in the digestive tracts of humans.