Amino Capital is a venture firm based in Palo Alto, CA focusing on seed to growth-stage investments in big data, and data-driven technologies, including but not limited to IoT, medicine / genomics, AI/BI, drone/UAV, Fintech, security, and infrastructure.
Amino Capital is a Private company. Larry Li is the Founder & CEO of Amino Capital. One of Amino Capital's funding round was an investment fund for $50M on September 2016. Amino Capital has 17 companies in its portfolio, and its first investment was made in 2014. Amino Capital has an estimated revenue of <$1M and an estimate of less <10 employees.
Amino has made investments in Assemblage (acquired by Cisco), Orbeus (acquired by Amazon), Ozlo (acquired by Facebook), Woomoo (acquired by Priceline), Contastic (acquired by Sugar CRM), Human Longevity Inc, Skycatch, Skuchain, Webflow and Grail unicorn.
Amino Capital has made 79 investments. Their most recent investment was on Jan 23, 2019, when they invested $2M in AnChain.ai. Amino Capital has had 9 exits. Amino Capital's most notable exits include Grokstyle, Ozlo, and Simppler. Amino Capital has raised a total of $75M across 3 funds, one of them being Amino Capital III. This fund was announced on Aug 13, 2018, and raised a total of $20.5M.
Amino Capital specializes in making direct investments. It makes venture capital investments in seed/startup and early venture companies.
The firm invests in internet and direct marketing retail, internet security software, online services, networking services, security software, artificial intelligence software, telephone equipment, mobile telephones, network security, and health care technology.
It seeks to invest in United States of America, Vietnam, China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, and East Timor. The firm invests between $0.05 million and $0.25 million in its portfolio companies.
VENTURE CAPITAL (SERIES A)
Associated Investment Funds
Funding Rounds Participated In
Amino Capital - Medium
Amino Capital collects $20.5 mln for third fund - PE Hub
Amino Capital Completes Final Close of Its $50M Fund II for Early-Stage Startups
Amino Capital Management Company, LLC
- Venture capitalVenture capital is a form of private equity financing that is provided by venture capital firms or funds to startups, early-stage, and emerging companies, that have been deemed to have high growth potential or which have demonstrated high growth. Capital invested usually carries a substantial element of risk.
- Artificial intelligence (AI)Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence exhibited by machines.
- Big Data to KnowledgeData sharing initiative at the national institutes of health
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- Cloud computingForm of internet-based computing that provides shared computer processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand
- Computer VisionComputing field for recognizing information from images and videos
- Show More