Wild Earth is a biotechnology company founded in 2017 and headquartered in Berkeley, California developing clean high-protein pet foods that are healthier, better for the environment, and more humane than conventional pet food products. Their first product is a dog treat made with Koji, a fungi enjoyed by billions of people around the world that is eco-friendly and renewably sourced.
Their company and vision is driven by pioneers in cellular agriculture led by chief science officer Ron Shigeta, Ph.D., an experienced business team led by chief executive officer Ryan Bethencourt, and Dr. Ernie Ward, known as “America’s Pet Advocate.”
On August 3, 2018 Wild Earth completed their seed funding round with $650,000 in funding from Mogul (lead investor), Pathfinder, Leap Venture Studio, Founders Fund, and Peter Thiel. On March 18, 2019 Wild Earth expanded their seed funding round with $550,000 in funding from Mark Cuban.
On May 22, 2019 Wild Earth completed their series A funding round with $11 million in funding from VegInvest (lead investor), Vectr, Radical Investments, Mars Petcare, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, and Bits x Bites.
Wild Earth raises a $11,000,000 series A round from VegInvest, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures and Bits x Bites.
Wild Earth raises a $550,000 seed round from Mark Cuban.
Total Raised: $650,000
Lead Investor: Mogul
Investors: Founders Fund, Peter Thiel, Path Finder and Leap Venture Studio
Total Raised: Undisclosed
Investor: R/GA Ventures
Wild Earth raises a $5,000,000 seed round from Pathfinder, Social Impact Capital, Leap Venture Studio, Felicis Ventures, Stray Dog Capital and R/GA Ventures.
Total Raised: $4,000,000
Investors: Stray Dog Capital, Macro Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Babel Ventures, Aera VC and M Ventures
Total Raised: Undisclosed
Investor: Social Impact Capital
Why Wild Earth Cofounder Ryan Bethencourt Is Applying The Science Of 'Vegan Biohacking' To Pet Food
Wild Earth Introduces Cultured Clean Protein for $30B Pet Food Market
Wild Earth, Inc.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Synthetic biologyA cluster of topics related to synthetic biology.
- Cellular agricultureCellular agriculture is an interdisciplinary scientific field drawing from several disciplines such as synthetic biology, genetic engineering, molecular biology, tissue engineering, biochemistry, and food science to design organisms capable of producing a wide variety of agricultural products.
- Cultured meatCultured meats are animal flesh products made from extracted animal cells that are grown in bioreactors and harvested for consumption. Cells are taken from animals such as a chickens, cows, or tuna, and grown using scaffolding and/or self-organizing constructs in bioreactors.
- Cluster: Cell-based and plant-based meatA cluster of topics related to cultured meat, plant-based meat, and cellular agriculture.
- Mosa MeatMosa Meat is a Dutch start-up company that makes and commercializes clean meat, meat made by growing animal cells directly rather than slaughtering animals.
- Perfect Day FoodsPerfect Day Foods (formerly Muufri) engineered yeast capable of producing the proteins found in cows milk. They use these proteins to make their own line of animal-free dairy products.
- Bond Pet FoodsBond Pet Foods is a biotechnology company located in Nederland, Colorado, founded in 2015 by Rich Kelleman. Bond Pet Foods is making "cruelty free" real animal protein pet foods using cellular agriculture.