The Founders Fund is a venture capital firm investing in a wide variety of companies developing technologies and businesses in aerospace & transportation, biotechnology & health, advanced machines & artificial intelligence, energy, analytics & software, consumer internet & media. Peter Thiel, Ken Howry, and Luke Nosek founded the Founders Fund in 2005, and the firm is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Notable investments made by the Founders Fund include: Airbnb, Lyft, Spotify, Facebook, ZocDoc, Palantir Technologies, and SpaceX.
Associated investment funds
Funding Rounds Participated In
Chief Scientist and Principle
Erin Gleason Lane
Vice President of Communications
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Brandon Kochkodin , Jen Skerritt , and Craig Giammona
In-car commerce startup Cargo raises $22 million led by Founders Fund
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- AerospaceEngineering effort to fly in the atmosphere of earth (aeronautics) and surrounding space (astronautics)
- Artificial intelligence (AI)Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence exhibited by machines.
- EnergyQuantitative physical property transferred to objects to perform heating or work on them