Phylagen is a biotechnology company using the environmental microbiome to verify the origin of goods in global supply chains that is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was founded in 2014 by Dr. Jessica Green and Dr. Harrison Dillion. The companies is offering its services to companies operating in the following industries: retail and apparel, raw materials, food and agriculture, security, and counterfeit.
In 2017, Phylagen was awarded a grant from the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) worth $4.7 million to further develop their environmental microbiome identification platform.
On February 14, 2019 Phylagen announced he completion of their series A funding round with $14 million in funding from Cultivian Sandbox (lead investor), Breakout Ventures (lead investor), Working Capital (lead investor), M Ventures, Dolby Family Ventures, Agfunder, Duck Investors, Blackhorn Ventures, J-Angels, Western Technology Investment and Arden Road Investments.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: Synthetic biologyA cluster of topics related to synthetic biology.
- Cluster: Microbiome and gut healthA cluster of topics related to microbiome and gut health.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- MicrobiomeThe collective microorganisms and their genomic elements and interactions in a particular environment.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.