The company looks to provide a test kit that provides users with all types of reagent needed to get from extracted genomic DNA or RNA to a sequencing-ready library. Their services then use the sample(s) to get the data and full computational analysis back to the user. All data is securely uploaded for processing on Loop's cloud-based pipeline run on Microsoft's Azure.
With the outbreak of COVID-19, Loop Genomics has looked to expand its kit and service capabilities to provide researchers with new microbiome sequencing solutions by using long-reads on Illumina sequencers.
Their gene sequencing and data analysis services provide information regarding microbiome samples within a turn-around time of three weeks. Loop Genomics also offers DNA-based products in the areas of bacterial genome, PCR Amplicon, and Transcriptome.
Tuval Ben Yehezkel
long-read library kits for 16S,18S ITS,RNA,DNA | Loop Genomics | U.S.
Loop Genomics | Crunchbase
Loop Genomics Launches Four New Microbiome Kits Leveraging their Ability to Perform Long-reads on Illumina Sequencers
June 10, 2019
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Tuval Ben Yehezkel
San Jose, California, United States
DNA Sequencing analysis
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- MicrobiomeThe collective microorganisms and their genomic elements and interactions in a particular environment.
- DNAMolecule that encodes the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and many viruses.
- Y CombinatorY Combinator (also known as YC) is a US based seed accelerator, which was started in March 2005.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.