Instagram is an American photo and video sharing social networking platform headquartered in Menlo Park, California. It also has offices in San Francisco and New York City. Instagram was founded in 2010 by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. The platform allows users to take and share photos and stories, apply filters, and directly message other users on iOS and Android based devices. In January 2020, Instagram reported that it had 1 billion average monthly users.
The company was acquired by Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion. The company launched IGTV in 2018, a video sharing app. In September 2018, Instagram founders Systrom and Krieger resigned from the Instagram.
Adam Mosseri became the head executive of Instagram following the founder's departure. Mosseri has led efforts to make the platform a more positive space for users through "Project Daisy" which aims to curb bullying and encourage better mental health through hiding likes count on users publicly visible profiles.
Operating system iOS Android Fire OS Microsoft Windows. Available in 32 languages.
32+ Incredible Instagram Statistics & Facts to Know in 2022
December 22, 2021
From a Whiskey App to Photos: How Instagram Started
March 17, 2020
INSTAGRAM FOR DUTTIES. HOW TO USE INSTAGRAM? WHAT IS INSTAGRAM?
March 1, 2020
What is Instagram & How Does It Work? | Instagram Guide Part 1
November 7, 2016
What Is Instagram, and Why Should You Be Using It?
November 13, 2011
- Facebook (platform)Online social media and social networking service
- VK (social networking)Popular social networking service in russia
- TikTokTikTok is a short-form mobile videos app.
- Twitter is a social media platform founded in 2006.
- A social networking platform for people in professional occupations. It was founded in 2002 and was acquired by Microsoft in 2016. It is located in Sunnyvale, California.
- Show More