Greylock is a venture capital firm that back entrepreneurs building consumer and enterprise software companies. Their investments include Airbnb, AppDynamics, Cloudera (NYSE: CLDR), Docker, Dropbox (Nasdaq:DBX), Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), LinkedIn (NYSE: LNKD), Medium, Nextdoor, Okta (Nasdaq: OKTA), Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW) and Workday (NYSE: WDAY).
Founded in 1965, Greylock is based in Menlo Park, California, after they moved their in 2009 from their headquarters in the Boston area. The firm seeks to invest in the applications, cloud, software as a service (SaaS), data center, networking, security and storage, advertising, commerce, gaming, marketplaces, media, mobile, services, and social media sectors.
Greylock will invest in all stages of a companies growth, from seed to growth investments. They have $3.5 billion in funds under management, have led over 130 profitable mergers and acquisitions and over 175 IPO's since their founding.
Greylock also host the Greylock Techfair, since 2013, where they help university students and recent graduates looking for internships or full-time opportunities. For the Techfair, Greylock Partners brings together interested students and the engineers, product leaders and designers of participating companies.
Greylock also hosts Hackfest, where teams compete with their technology-based ideas for a $10,000 prize, judged by industry leaders based on the criteria of level of difficulty, aesthetics, originality, usefulness and the projects "wow" factor.
Associated investment funds
Funding Rounds Participated In
From Startup to Scaleup with Reid Hoffman and Sam Altman | The Scaleup Offsite 2017
May 31, 2017
- Venture capitalVenture capital is a form of private equity financing that is provided by venture capital firms or funds to startups, early-stage, and emerging companies, that have been deemed to have high growth potential or which have demonstrated high growth. Capital invested usually carries a substantial element of risk.
- Crypto (a cryptocurrency)Crypto (CTO) was a lite version of Bitcoin using a Lyra2RE as a proof-of-work algorithm.
- OKTAOil company of the republic of macedonia
- Palo Alto NetworksPalto Alto Networks is a venture capital firm in California that focuses on cybersecurity.
- AirbnbAirbnb provides an online platform for listing, searching and booking rental accommodations.
- Facebook (platform)Online social media and social networking service
- Show More