Social media is a collective term for websites and applications that focus on communication, community-based input, interaction, content-sharing and collaboration.
People use social media to stay in touch and interact with friends, family and various communities. Businesses use social applications to market and promote their products and track customer concerns.
Business-to-consumer websites include social components, such as comment fields for users. Various tools help businesses track, measure and analyze the attention the company gets from social media, including brand perception and customer insight.
Social media has enormous traction globally. Mobile applications make these platforms easily accessible. Some popular examples of general social media platforms include Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Twitter is a social media and microblogging platform founded in 2006.
- SubsocialSubsocial is an open platform for creating decentralized social networks and marketplaces.
- LinkedIn is a social networking platform for people in professional occupations. It was founded in 2002 and was acquired by Microsoft in 2016. It is located in Sunnyvale, California.
- Facebook (platform)Online social media and social networking service
- Telegram (messaging service)Telegram is a free cross-platform messaging app with a focus on privacy, security, and speed.
- Show More