Bond Pet Foods is a biotechnology company using cellular agriculture to make animal-free high protein pet foods products that fall under the category of clean meat or cultured meat. Bond Pet Foods extracts animals cells from an animal, and then incubates, feeds, and removes unwanted by-products in a bioreactor until the proteins used in their pet food products are ready to be harvested.
Rich Kelleman found the company after him and his wife were having trouble finding a transparent company selling high quality and healthy pet food products. When Kelleman was investigating products made by pet foods companies he found that many companies were not transparent about the science behind their products and/or what ingredients are included in their products. After having these frustrations with the pet food industry, Kelleman decided to use his knowledge and passion for business and cellular agriculture to found Bond Pet Foods in 2015.
"Cruelty Free" Dog Food Grown in Labs Could be on Shelves Within 2 Years
A pet-food company wants to make lab-grown meats for cats and dogs
Do we have to feed animals to other animals?
Start-up Wants to Make Lab-Grown Meat for Pets
Startup to Make Lab-Grown Meat for Cats
This Start-Up Wants Your Dog to Eat Lab-Grown Meat
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
We Are Bond
23 May 2018
- Cluster: Cell-based and plant-based meatA cluster of topics related to cultured meat, plant-based meat, and cellular agriculture.
- Cellular agricultureCellular agriculture is an interdisciplinary scientific field drawing from several disciplines such as synthetic biology, genetic engineering, molecular biology, tissue engineering, biochemistry, and food science to design organisms capable of producing a wide variety of agricultural products.
- Cultured meatCultured meats are animal flesh products made from extracted animal cells that are grown in bioreactors and harvested for consumption. Cells are taken from animals such as a chickens, cows, or tuna, and grown using scaffolding and/or self-organizing constructs in bioreactors.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.