Founded in 2006, Plug and Play, or Plug and Play Tech Center, is a global accelerator and venture capital firm headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. The firm invests in technology startups of any stage. The firm also provides non-equity accelerator programs which bring together Fortune 500 corporations and startups for pilots, POCs, strategic investment, and mergers and acquisitions. The firm has offices in Germany, France, China, Japan, and other locations. The firm focuses on companies operating in Insurance technology, Internet of Things, Financial technology, Brand & Retail, Mobility, Health, and other sectors. The firm's principals, Saeed Amidhozour and Rahim Amidhozour, have been investing in startups since 1998.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Plug and Play participates in Seed, Angel and Series A funding where they often co-invest with their strategic partners. Through years of experience and as part of their network, Plug and Play has put together a world-class network of serial entrepreneurs, strategic investors, and industry leaders who actively assist the firm with its successful and growing investment portfolio.
Plug&Play Ventures/ Startup Camp is an accelerator in California that focuses on teams leading emerging growth companies. Founded 2006 in Sunnyvale, California, United States by Saeed Amidi, it invests in early stage ventures, seed, series A, convertible notes, and series B.
Its portfolio companies include Jassby, Infinity Stones (InfStones), Adapt, Bold Health, and Tractable. As of March 2020, Plug and Play has made 985 investments. Their most recent investment was on February 29, 2020 with Adapt. Plug and Play has had 70 exits, the most notable of which include Honey, Life360, and Guardant Health. Plug and Play has raised two funds, their latest being Plug & Play Ventures. This fund was announced on January 1, 2010 and raised a total of $20M.
MANA Common, led by CEO and visionary entrepreneur Moishe Mana, today announced that it will partner with the global innovation platform, Plug and Play, to establish a presence within Downtown Miami's Flagler District.
Associated investment funds
Funding Rounds Participated In
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
What is Plug and Play Tech Center?
December 1, 2015
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology in a broad sense includes the use of living systems and organisms, as well as their parts for the development or production of products.
- Venture capitalVenture capital is a form of private equity financing that is provided by venture capital firms or funds to startups, early-stage, and emerging companies that have been deemed to have high growth potential or which have demonstrated high growth. Capital invested usually carries a substantial element of risk.
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- Startup acceleratorSupport startups with funding, mentoring, training and events for a definite period (usually three months), in exchange for equity.