Golden Recursion Inc. logoGolden Recursion Inc. logo
Advanced Search
Japan

Japan

Japan is a state in East Asia located on the Japanese archipelago in the western Pacific Ocean. It is among the largest countries in the world in terms of population, economical and political power.

Japan is a developed island state with a thousand-year history and original culture. In the press, it is unofficially called the «Land of the Rising Sun».

Geography

The Japanese archipelago is scattered in the Pacific Ocean. Almost 95% of the country's total area is located on the four largest islands, while the remaining 5% speeded between other 6848 small islands.

The territory of Japan is mostly volcanic mountains. Mount Fuji is considered the most widely known natural attraction, attracting thousands of tourists every year.

Cities and villages

The capital of Japan, Tokyo is one of the world's largest urban agglomerations with a population of 30 million people. In Tokyo itself 14 043 239. No less densely populated are other large cities, in spite of this in rural hinterland lives less than 20% of all population.

Interesting Facts

The institution of the monarchy is preserved in Japan since 660 BC, although today it is a democratic state, and the emperor family it is a more uniting symbol of the nation.

The country ranks 10th in the world in terms of living standards and third in terms of GDP.

The Japanese skillfully combine the rapid development of high technology with the reverent preservation of nature and cultural heritage.

Japan is the only country in the world to be hit by nuclear bombs in 1945 (as an ally of Nazi Germany in World War II refusing to admit defeat).

Due to social, cultural, and economic factors, the population of Japan is declining year by year.

Example:

2020 — 126,226,568 people;

2021 — 125,552,000 people;

2022 — estimate 125,440,000 people.

Timeline

March 5, 2020
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announces a two-week quarantine on visitors from China and South Korea.
March 4, 2020
Japan invests $12 billion in the Olympics, which start on July 24.
February 3, 2020
Japanese vacation rental management startup H2O raises $7 million Series B from investors including Samsung Ventures

The startup announced today it has raised $7 million in Series B funding from Samsung Ventures, Stonebridge Ventures, IMM Investment and Shinhan Capital, bringing its total raised to $18 million.

September 20, 2019
Japan announced it will accept South Korea's request for joint talks leading to arbitration by the World Trade Organization after Seoul filed a complaint with the international body over Tokyo's tightening of export controls.
May 19, 2019
Japan's economy grew at an annualized rate of 2.1 percent in the first quarter of 2019
February 28, 2019
Medtronic launches Grafton DBM in Japan

The newly launched Grafton DBM is a bone graft extender, bone graft substitute and bone void filler intended for use in bony voids or gaps in the skeletal system.

Patents

Further Resources

Title
Author
Link
Type
Date

[4K/HDR/Binaural] Shibuya's Rich Neighborhood Walking Tour: Shoto - Tokyo Japan

Web

March 7, 2022

News

Title
Author
Date
Publisher
Description
November 30, 2021
AP NEWS
TOKYO (AP) -- Japan confirmed on Tuesday its first case of the new omicron coronavirus variant, a visitor who recently arrived from Namibia, an official said.Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno said the patient, a man in his 30s, tested positive upon arrival at an airport on Sunday and was isolated and is being treated at a hospital.
The Associated Press
November 29, 2021
AP NEWS
GENEVA -- The World Health Organization says the global risk from the omicron variant of the coronavirus is "very high" based on early evidence, warning of the possibility of future surges with "severe consequences."
By MARI YAMAGUCHI
November 23, 2021
AP NEWS
TOKYO (AP) -- Japan and Vietnam on Tuesday signed a cybersecurity agreement as the two Asian nations rapidly step up their military ties amid concerns over China's growing assertiveness.Japan's Defense Minister Nobuo Kishi told reporters that the cyberspace agreement aimed to address a "strong sense of urgency" over activities in the Indo-Pacific region that challenge the existing international order, indicating China without identifying any country by name.
By MARI YAMAGUCHI
November 15, 2021
AP NEWS
TOKYO (AP) -- A team from the U.N. nuclear agency arrived in Japan on Monday to assess preparations for the release into the ocean of treated radioactive water from the wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant.
By YURI KAGEYAMA
October 21, 2021
AP NEWS
Shares are mixed in Asia after major Chinese property developer Evergrande said a plan to sell its property management arm to a smaller rival had fallen through. Shares slipped in Hong Kong, Seoul and Tokyo, while they rose in Australia and Shanghai.
SHOW MORE

References

Golden logo
By using this site, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.