Viome is a health company that has the goal of discovering predictive biomarkers in order to get rid of all diseases. The company was founded by Deepak Savadatti and Naveen Jain in 2016, in Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA.
The company's artificial learning engines analyze and aggregate all biological data the receive, allowing the machine learning to find trends, patterns, and influences, and ultimately breakthroughs. The way the data is collected is through a microbiome analysis kit customers use to get a snapshot of the microbes living inside their gut. Then Viome offers basic recommendations on how dietary changes could affect their health. Assessing microbiome health and maintaining it can reduce or slow progressions of diseases like depression, osteoarthritis, functional bowel diseases, and multiple sclerosis. Viome aims to use user data to spot trends in gut biome health and support scientific research in the area.
Viome has raised over $25 million and pursues about 15 clinical research trials and is focused on eventually developing treatments. Their tests have origins from technology from a company, BlueDot, which is from Los Alamos National Laboratory. They test a variant on sequencing ribonucleic acid, or the messenger mechanism that provides cells with instructions on what to produce.
Viome sequences the users RNA and can identify and quantify all of the living microorganisms in the gut (bacteria, viruses, bacteriophages, archaea, fungi, yeast, parasites, and more) at the species and strain level.
Viome - Apps on Google Play
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Microbiome and Gut HealthThe field of health as it relates to gut microbiota - the microorganisms inside the human microbiome, including bacteria and archaea that live in the digestive tracts of humans.
- HealthcareHealth care is the maintenance or improvement of health via the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, amelioration, or cure of disease, illness, injury, and other physical and mental impairments in people.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence exhibited by machines.
- Machine learningA field of computer science enabling computers to learn.
Daniel FrumkinMechanical engineering, cryptocurrencies, AI, and travel.
Carla FaragunaGolden People and Operations.
Wyckliffe OtienoDedicated information technology enthusiast.
Haluna ShuComputer teacher ot the University of Drohobuch
Amy SarData acquisition Golden, computational linguist
Luda ACrypto enthusiast
Katrina-Kay PettittData Duchess @ Golden
Denis LizenkoComputer science