Siolta Therapeutics is a privately held, venture-backed biotechnology company based in San Francisco, California. It focuses on developing therapeutic microbial consortia to prevent and treat inflammatory diseases.
The company's lead product candidate is a therapeutic developed from gut microbiome for the prevention and treatment of allergic asthma. The product is also being explored for the treatment of other allergic conditions such as seasonal allergy, food allergy, and atopic dermatitis. Phase 1 clinical trials are ongoing for these target conditions. Future plans also include the development of therapeutics for other chronic inflammatory diseases.
Siolta Therapeutics' mission in regards to developing solutions against inflammatory diseases include creating novel microbiome-based medicines and treatments. They are interested in the researching microbiome of infants and promoting immune tolerances for the purpose of preventing and treating inflammatory diseases.
The most genetic information encoded across microbial life occurs in the gut for humans, where various immune cells also reside. When these two life forms interact, microbiome developments occur, which can cause immune dysfunctions. Siolta's goal is to understand the interactions that take place in order to promote healthy developments and prevent dysfunctions.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology in a broad sense includes the use of living systems and organisms, as well as their parts for the development or production of products.
- Microbiome and Gut HealthThe field of health as it relates to gut microbiota - the microorganisms inside the human microbiome, including bacteria and archaea that live in the digestive tracts of humans.
- AsthmaRespiratory disease
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- MicrobiomeThe collective microorganisms and their genomic elements and interactions in a particular environment.