Parity is a digital wallet for the Ethereum blockchain, and other digital assets that was founded by Gavin Wood, Jutta Steiner, and Björn Wagner. The company has offices in London, United Kingdom; Cambridge, United Kingdom; in Berlin, Germany. Parity comes with a dApp environment that can be accessed through web browsers. Parity also allows developers to create smart contracts and decentralized applications using its protocol extensions. Parity uses a proof-of-authority consensus for private Ethereum transactions, and allows on-chain governance protocol upgrades.
The following are blockchain technology solutions offered by Parity:
Parity Ethereum is an Ethereum client for interacting with the Ethreum blockchain.
Polkadot is Parity's platform for connecting independent blockchains together.
Parity substrate is a platform created by Parity for creating decentralized blockchains.
Parity Fether is an Ethereum wallet that allows users to manage Ethereum transactions.
Parity Signer is Parity's offline cryptocurrency wallet.
The Parity Secret Store provides encryption for permissioning and smart contracts on public blockchains.
Parity Bridge is a developer tool that allows developers to speed up, or scale up, their dApps by merging blockchains together.
Parity Wasm is a WebAssembly technology stack that allows cross-platform decentralization of blockchain technologies.
Kovan is a testnet for dApps and smart contracts that require Proof-of-Authority.
Co-Founder & Chief Commercial Officer
Dr. Gavin Wood
Co-Founder & CEO
Founder of Polkadot
Parity: The bug that put $169m of Ethereum on ice? Yeah, it was on the todo list for months
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Blockchaingers Tech Deep Dive Talk by Tomasz Drwiega, Core Developer at Parity Technologies
December 11, 2017
Commoditizing Trust and Disrupting the System | Gavin Wood | TEDxVienna
December 6, 2017
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.