Gamida Cell is a company that is interested in providing cell-based therapeutics to assist patients that have life threatening blood diseases. The company was founded in 1998 by Tony Peled, in Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel.
Gamida Cell's mission is to develop potentially curative cell therapies for the purpose of assisting patients with cancer. The company has developed celullar therapies such as Omidubicel which is meant to help treat high-risk hematologic malignancies, severe aplastic anemia, non-hodgkin lymphoma, and multiple myeloma.
The company has developed a platform that has the potential to provide treatment options for patients with blood, and allows for the expansion of the uses of stem cells or natural killer cells, while maintaining their original phenotype and potency.
Gamida Cell's platform is based on expanded populations of cord blood stem cells and creating regenerative and therapeutic stem cells. They are known to operate in the medical device and therapeutics fields.
Gamida Cell Announces Immune Reconstitution Data from Completed Phase 1/2 Clinical Study of NiCord® Presented at 2019 TCT Annual Meeting
Gamida Cell teams up with Be The Match BioTherapies to help develop its bone marrow transplant alternative
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- Cluster: Stem cell technologyTechnology used for isolating, generating, growing and controlling the differentiation of stem cells into specialized cells and the application of stem cell technology for medical and non-medical purposes such as producing meat through cellular agriculture.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- Stem cellStem cells are self-renewing cells that have the potential to become multiple different cell types in the body. Stem cells are found in developing embryos. Adult stem cells maintain and repair tissues throughout life. Induced pluripotent stem cells are a type of stem cell derived from adult cells that are reprogrammed in the lab.
- Cell therapyCell therapy, also known as cellular therapy and cytotherapy, involves cellular material being grafted, implanted, or injected into patients for therapeutic purposes.