3T Biosciences is known for work in the T-cell therapy space. The company is utilizing machine learning to identify and predict which chemicals are found on cancer cells. Then the company uses a new genetic engineering process to modify T-cells. The T-cells, which are a type of white blood cell, are used to target the cancerous chemicals. This type of therapy is currently being used to combat breast, lung, and prostate cancers. The goal of the company is to raise T-cell therapies to a new standard.
On October 4, 2017 3T Biosciences completed their seed funding round with $12 million in capital from Sean Parker (lead investor), Peter Thiel, Starlight Ventures, OS Fund, Menlo Ventures, CRV, and Asset Management Ventures (AMV).
Their seed funding round raised $12 million in capital from Sean Parker (lead investor), Peter Thiel, Starlight Ventures, OS Fund, Menlo Ventures, CRV, and Asset Management Ventures (AMV).
Current Members - Biocom California
Silicon Valley Billionaires are Quietly Backing This Stealth Immunotherapy Startup
Thiel, Parker said to fund secretive T-cell biotech startup | FierceBiotech
- Synthetic biologyInterdisciplinary branch of biology and engineering, applying multiple disciplines to build artificial biological systems for research, engineering, and medical applications.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- CancerDisease of cellular proliferation characterized by uncontrolled cellular proliferation, local tissue invasion, and disseminated metastasis
- ImmunotherapyImmunotherapy aims to treat disease through activation or suppression of an immune response. For example activating immunotherapies can target cancer and suppressive immunotherapies can target autoimmunity.
- Machine learningA field of computer science enabling computers to learn.