Seventh Sense Biosystems is a Massachusetts-based biotechnology company that produces TAP, a push-button blood collection device.
TAP is a Federal Drug Administration-approved medical device that can withdraw blood from patients in a quicker and less painful manner compared to traditional methods of blood withdraw. TAP is positioned on a patient's upper arm for blood collection.It takes 100 microliters of blood that can be seen in a blood indicator window. The blood is taken by 30 microneedles, which are used with the intention of relieving the pain that may be caused by using larger needles.
The company has stated that it aims to create a new standard for blood collection that can help to increase patient compliance with testing orders. Future versions of TAP will be designed to enable the patient to collect their own blood.
Seventh Sense Biosystems announced a $10M round of Series C funding November 2016. Investors include Novartis, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Polaris Partners and Flagship Ventures.
Finally, a painless way to draw blood
Seventh Sense promises a painless way to draw blood -- we tried it, and barely felt a thing
July 22, 2017
Xconomy: Seventh Sense Biosystems Sucks In $10M for Simple Blood-Draw Device
November 18, 2016
November 18, 2016
- Microbiome and Gut HealthThe field of health as it relates to gut microbiota - the microorganisms inside the human microbiome, including bacteria and archaea that live in the digestive tracts of humans.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- NovartisNovartis is a healthcare and pharmaceutical company based in Basel, Switzerland, incorporated in 1996.
- Polaris PartnersPolaris Partners has a 20+ year history of partnering with entrepreneurs and innovators improving the way we live and work.
- TheranosTheranos was a privately held health technology corporation.
Jessica KarpinskiI'm a knowledge seeker with a thirst to understand how the world is connected.
Carla FaragunaGolden People and Operations.
Katrina-Kay PettittData Duchess @ Golden
Erin Scherfnerloading information...
Jude GomilaFounder and CEO of Golden, Entrepreneur. Investor in 200+ companies. Cantabrigian (Gonville and Caius). Interested in the Universe.
Петров ДаниилHello! My name is Daniil, I'm interested in IT, also I like discovering new stuff
Aime Anne NisaySoftware QA of web and mobile applications