Seventh Sense Biosystems is a Massachusetts-based biotechnology company that produces TAP, a push-button blood collection device.
TAP is a Federal Drug Administration-approved medical device that can withdraw blood from patients in a quicker and less painful manner compared to traditional methods of blood withdraw. TAP is positioned on a patient's upper arm for blood collection.It takes 100 microliters of blood that can be seen in a blood indicator window. The blood is taken by 30 microneedles, which are used with the intention of relieving the pain that may be caused by using larger needles.
The company has stated that it aims to create a new standard for blood collection that can help to increase patient compliance with testing orders. Future versions of TAP will be designed to enable the patient to collect their own blood.
Seventh Sense Biosystems raises a $4,500,000 series A round from Third Rock Ventures and Polaris Partners.
Seventh Sense Biosystems was founded by Doug Levinson.
Seventh Sense promises a painless way to draw blood -- we tried it, and barely felt a thing
July 22, 2017
Xconomy: Seventh Sense Biosystems Sucks In $10M for Simple Blood-Draw Device
November 18, 2016
November 18, 2016
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- Cluster: Microbiome and gut healthA cluster of topics related to microbiome and gut health.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- NovartisNovartis is a healthcare and pharmaceutical company based in Basel, Switzerland, incorporated in 1996.
- Polaris PartnersPolaris Partners has a 20+ year history of partnering with entrepreneurs and innovators improving the way we live and work.
- SiemensSiemens is an engineering and electronics conglomerate founded in 1847 by Werner von Siemens.
- TheranosTheranos was a privately held health technology corporation.