Also known as Carbon, Carbon 3D is a company developing 3D manufacturing technology. The company was founded in 2013, by Joseph DeSimone.
The company is interested in providing solutions and innovations in software, hardware and materials to deliver breakthrough products for industries around the world. The company's solutions are designed to meet customer product requirements of any scales. The software that Carbon 3D has created was designed to provide security, scalability, and reliability for web standards. It isn't supported by legacy code, but is in continuous development with new capabilities and solutions being added.
The hardware that the company produces is designed to leverage connectivity, and can be used to predict maintenance cycles and streamline troubleshooting. Their products allow customers to continue to support their STL files, and utilize their CAD tools to generate designs. The company manufactures and produces printers, part washers, and digital light synthesis technologies.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- TechnologyMaking, modification, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, and methods of organization
- Batch productionBatch production is a manufacturing process characterized by the parallel fabrication and assembly of multiple copies of the same product wherein all steps of the process must be completed before producing the next lot can be made.
- 3D printingAdditive process used to make a three-dimensional object
- SoftwareComputer software, or simply software, is a collection of data or computer instructions that tell the computer how to work. This is in contrast to physical hardware, from which the system is built and actually performs the work. In computer science and software engineering, computer software is all information processed by computer systems, prog...
- ManufacturingIndustrial activity producing goods for sale using labor and machines