BlueNalu is a cellular aquaculture company that develops seafood products from fish cells .
San Diego-based food start-up BlueNalu said Tuesday that it raised $60 million in convertible note financing, as it prepares for a possible market launch later this year.
Total Raised: $4,500,000
Lead Investor: New Crop Capital
President, CEO, and Co-founder
BlueNalu Sets Sail with $45m in Seed Investment
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cell-based and plant-based meatTopics related to cultured meat, plant-based meat, and cellular agriculture.
- Synthetic biologySynthetic biology is a multidisciplinary area of research that seeks to create new biological parts, devices, and systems, or to redesign systems that are already found in nature to have new abilities.
- SeafoodFood from the sea, e.g. fish, shrimp, crab, mussel, seaweed
- Cellular agricultureCellular agriculture is an interdisciplinary scientific field drawing from several disciplines such as synthetic biology, genetic engineering, molecular biology, tissue engineering, biochemistry, and food science to design organisms capable of producing a wide variety of agricultural products.
- New Crop CapitalNew Crop Capital is a venture capital firm investing in products and/or services which replace conventional animal agriculture.