Stray Dog Capital is a venture capital firm operating out of Leawood, Kansas investing in companies that shift business away from an animal-based economy. Chuck Laue and Jennifer Laue founded Stray Dog Capital in 2009 with the goal of supporting the replacement of animal products with non-animal, plant based, and clean meat products. Notable companies that have received funding from Stray Dog Capital include: Aleph Farms, Beyond Meat, Geltor, Good Catch Foods, Memphis Meats, Mosa Meat, and Ocean Hugger Foods.
Funding Rounds Participated In
Announcing the Animal-Free Wool Prize with PETA, Stella McCartney, and Stray Dog Capital
Investing in Good Food with Stray Dog Capital CEO Lisa
The CEO Funding the Alt-Meat Market
Why This Vegan Female CEO is Investing in a Plant-Based Future
- Wild Earth (company)Wild Earth is a biotechnology company using cellular agriculture to produce high-protein pet food.
- Mosa MeatMosa Meat is a Dutch start-up company that makes and commercializes clean meat, meat made by growing animal cells directly rather than slaughtering animals.
- Beyond MeatBeyond Meat makes plant-based meat alternatives such as burgers, sausages, chicken strips, and ground beef. Beyond Meat was founded in 2009 by Ethan Brown and is based in Los Angeles, California.
- GeltorGeltor is a cellular agriculture company making essential proteins, such as collagen and gelatin, using microbes in their own bio-fermentation recombinant protein production facility.
- Sunfed MeatsSunfed Meats is a company located in New Zealand making plant-based meat substitutes primarily out of pea proteins. Sunfed's Chicken Free Chicken was the companies first pea protein based product to be sold on the market; with double the protein of chicken and triple the iron of beef.
- Show More