Regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (FSA), the Group of companies serve retail, professional and institutional clients from all over the world.
Tickmill was founded in August 2014 in Mahe, Seychelles. In January 2015, the company started providing retail brokerage services.
Tickmill began its CFDs operations in March 2015, providing US, UK, European, German and Japanese stock indices, as well as WTI crude oil. In June 2015, Tickmill announced the launch of its Introducing Broker (IB) program. In August 2015, the company introduced VIP accounts and added the HK50 stock index to meet the demands of Asian clients. In 2015, Tickmill joined forces with BeeksFX to provide its traders with a reliable low latency VPS solution to traders.
In March 2016, Tickmill introduced the Multi Account Manager (MAM) solution, which helped professional money managers to trade on behalf of their clients. Furthermore, the company started to offer Islamic accounts that are compliant with the Sharia law. On 29th July 2016, Tickmill obtained a license from the UK regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for its UK entity, Tickmill UK Ltd. The firm appointed Duncan Anderson as Tickmill UK Ltd's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who has extensive experience in the financial services industry, has worked in several exchanges and has held various management positions in financial services firms.
In January 2017, Tickmill introduces Autochartist technical analysis tool, enabling traders to identify support and resistance levels, evaluate risk possibility, optimise stop loss and take profit levels, improve market entry and exit points, and capitalise on market-moving news events. In May 2017, Tickmill launched Tickmill Prime, providing brokers, banks, hedge funds, money managers and professional traders with access to FX and CFD liquidity, technology and white label solutions. In July 2017, Tickmill added CFDs on bonds to its product offering, introducing 4 CFDs on German government bonds. In September 2017, Tickmill Group completed the acquisition of a majority stake in Vipro Markets Limited, a CySEC-regulated investment firm. As part of the acquisition, Tickmill injected $2.20 million into the share capital of Vipro Markets. In October 2017, Tickmill introduced cryptocurrencies, by adding Bitcoin CFDs to its range of trading instruments.The Tickmill Group, comprised by Tickmill UK Ltd, Tickmill Europe Ltd and Tickmill Ltd, reported a consolidated net profit of $14.81 million in 2017, a net trading revenue of $38.96 million, a total trading volume of $745 billion notional value and 42.58 million trades executed in total in 2017.
In September 2018, Tickmill announced its consolidated net profit for the first half of the year which amounted to $14.97 million. The trading volume came in at $624 billion; a figure which almost doubled the Group’s 2017 first half net profit reported at $332 billion. In October 2018, Tickmill announced that during September it had processed $117.7 billion. This was the highest trading volume to have been processed by the Tickmill Group. The record-breaking figure was surpassed a month later with the Group announcing that October 2018 was its most successful month ever with $145.53 billion in trading volume.
Tickmill offers the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) as its Forex trading platform.MetaTrader 4 is available for Microsoft Windows, Android and iOS devices, and on its browser version WebTrader. In July 2015, Tickmill also introduced a native MT4 application for Mac users.The Group's trading instruments include CFDs on 62 currency pairs, contracts for gold, silver, West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil, stock indices, German government bonds and Bitcoin. Tickmill also offers the Myfxbook AutoTrade (copy trading platform) service. AutoTrade allows copying trades from different systems and adds them to the client's MetaTrader 4 account. The website is available in15 languages, including English, Indonesian, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Polish, German, Italian, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Malay, Portuguese and Japanese.
- On 21-23 February 2017, Tickmill attended the iFX EXPO Asia in Hong Kong as an Executive Lounge Sponsor. The company hosted a workshop, which was presented by the CEO Duncan Anderson.
- On 24-25 March 2017, Tickmill attended the FxCuffs 2017 in the ICE Krakow Congress Centre, Poland as a Gold Sponsor.
- On 18-19 May 2017, Tickmill took part in the ITForum Expo 2017 in Rimini, Italy. The team hosted multiple live workshops with renowned Italian trading professionals.
- On 23-25 May 2017, Tickmill attended the iFX EXPO International 2017 in Limassol, Cyprus, to present its newly launched FX liquidity arm Tickmill Prime. The Tickmill UK CEO Duncan Anderson was invited to be one of the panellists at the trademark CEO Panel.
- On 17-18 November 2017, Tickmill attended the World of Trading 2017 expo in Frankfurt, Germany, as a Silver Sponsor. The broker hosted a series of free seminars led by industry experts.
- On 23-25 January 2018, Tickmill sponsored the iFX EXPO Asia 2018 in Hong Kong for the second time as an Executive Lounge Sponsor. The broker hosted a workshop on how to build partnerships and about the trends of the Introducing Broker industry.
- On 16-17 March 2018, Tickmill participated for the second time in the FxCuffs 2018 expo in Krakow, Poland, as a Gold sponsor.
- On 14-15 June 2018, Tickmill took part in the ITForum Rimini 2018 in Italy for the second time in a row.
- On 23 June 2018, Tickmill attended the Forex Day 2018 expo in Madrid, Spain.
"Most Trusted Forex Broker" 2015-2016 Chinese Forex Expo Awards
"Best ECN / STP Broker" 2015-2016 Chinese Forex Expo Awards
"Most Trusted Broker in Europe" 2017
"Best Forex Trading Conditions"