Company building genetic engineering kits for the classroom and home based in Oakland. The ODIN are creating kits and tools that allow people to make unique and usable organisms at home or in a lab.
Dr. Josiah Zayner is the CEO of the The ODIN and started bioHacking during his Ph.D. in Molecular Biophysics at the University of Chicago, creating The Chromochord in his apartment, a musical instrument that uses engineered protein nanotechnology. After his Ph.D., Josiah received a fellowship to work with NASA's Synthetic Biology program, engineering bacteria with the objective of terraforming Mars. Zayner is the founder and CEO of The ODIN. Zayner has a number of scientific publications and awards for his work in protein and genetic engineering. He is also recipient of Art awards for creating Speculative Science works that have been featured in museums, including NY MoMA PS1.
- Genetic engineeringDirect manipulation of an organism's genome using biotechnology
- Popular scienceInterpretation of science intended for a general audience
- Synthetic biologyInterdisciplinary branch of biology and engineering, applying multiple disciplines to build artificial biological systems for research, engineering, and medical applications.
- BusinessExchange of services.
- eGenesiseGenesis is a Cambridge, MA - based startup that uses gene editing tech for xenotransplantation procedures in the medical industry.
- Show More