Pharmstandard is a Russian pharmaceutical company developing and manufacturing medicines of various pharmacotherapeutic groups, including those for treatments of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, growth hormone deficiency, gastroenterological and infectious diseases, neurological disorders, metabolic disorders, oncology, and a variety of other diseases.
The company’s total manufacturing capacity exceeds 1.7 billion packs per year. Pharmstandard manufacturing facilities comprise 5 state-of-the-art pharmaceutical factories:
- Phs-Leksredstva JSC (Kursk),
- Pharmstandard-UfaVITA JSC (Ufa),
- PHS-Tomskhimpharm JSC (Tomsk),
- Lekko CJSC (Volginsky settlement, Vladimir Region),
- J.S.C. Biomed- Mechnikov (Moscow, Moscow Region),
Pharmstandard LLC (Moscow) manages raw material purchase and supply to ensure the subsequent manufacturing of pharmaceutical products at Pharmstandard facilities.
Pharmstandard is assessing Arbidol (Umifenovir), a membrane fusion inhibitor developed as a treatment for influenza, for the treatment of Covid-19. Clinical trials are ongoing for Arbidol as a monotherapy and in combinations that include AbbVie’s Kaletra, Ascletis Pharma’s ASC09, lopinavir, ritonavir, carrimycin, and Bromhexine Hydrochloride. China’s Ruijin Hospital is conducting the monotherapy trial, while various Chinese hospitals are investigating the combination therapies.
Chief Executive Officer
Deputy CEO for Legal Affairs
Chief Operating Officer
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.