Mustard Seed is a venture capital firm that invests in early-stage businesses that seek to generate financial and societal returns. The firm was founded by Alexander Pitt and Henry Wigan in 2015, in London, England, United Kingdom. The firm looks to enable businesses to generate sustainable outcomes in social and environmental areas. Mustard Seed is interested in long-term commercial success with scalable solutions in areas of economic inclusion, education, environmental sustainability, health, family, and community.
Mustard Seed MAZE is an European Impact Focused Fund created through the joining of forces between Mustard Seed and a partner in Lisbon to continue investments in European early-stage impact ventures between pre-seed and series B. This is similar to the firm's activities in the UK and elsewhere in the world, but with a specific focus on EU only.
Below are some of the organizations that Mustard Seed partners with:
- B Corp UK
- Big Society Capital
- British Venture Capital Association
- Girls in Tech
- London Business School
- Oxford Skoll Centre
- Tech City UK
- Women in Finance Charter
- UK Business Angels Association
Funding Rounds Participated In
- EducationNAICS industry sector 61 - establishments that provide instruction and training in a wide variety of subjects. This instruction and training is provided by specialized establishments, such as schools, colleges, universities, and training centers.
- Environment (biophysical)Surrounding of an organism or population
- CommunityA group of interacting living organisms sharing a populated environment; a social unit of human organisms who share common values