Juventas Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing non-viral gene therapies capable of activating natural processes within the body for healing and repair. The company was founded by Rahul Aras in 2007 and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
Their first therapeutic product candidate JVS-100 is a non-viral gene therapy expressing a signalling protein that can recruit naturally occurring stem cells and promote tissue repair in a broad range of disease states. Juventas is currently completing a Phase 2b study with JVS-100 in patients with advanced peripheral artery disease.
On September 30, 2008 Juventus Therapeutics completed a seed funding round with $300,000 in funding from JumpStart Inc.
On October 23, 2008 Juventus Therapeutics completed a series A funding round with $7.7 million in funding from Triathlon Medical Venture Partners and Early Stage Partners.
On July 16, 2012 Juventus Therapeutics completed their series B funding round with $22.2 million in funding from Triathlon Medical Venture Partners (lead investor), New Science Ventures (lead investor), Takeda Ventures, Reservoir Venture Partners, North Coast Angel Fund, New Science Ventures, Fletcher Spaght, and Early Stage Partners.
Senior Vice President, Clinical Product Development
Chief Medical Officer
Vice President, Clinical Operations
Co-Founder, President, & CEO
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Stem cellStem cells are self-renewing cells that have the potential to become multiple different cell types in the body. Stem cells are found in developing embryos. Adult stem cells maintain and repair tissues throughout life. Induced pluripotent stem cells are a type of stem cell derived from adult cells that are reprogrammed in the lab.
- Gene therapyGene Therapy uses genes to treat or prevent disease. Types of gene therapy include replacing a mutated gene with a healthy copy, inactivating or knocking out a mutated gene or introducing a new gene to fight disease.