Farallon Capital Management is a private equity and venture capital firm that manages funds for institutions and individuals. The firm was founded by Tom Steyer in 1986 in San Francisco, California, United States.
The firm is interested in investing across a variety of capital structures and in all asset classes. The firm assists public and private companies with restructuring and recapitalization. The firm makes direct investments in private companies and real estate companies, with public and private equity. The firm is interested in real estate opportunities in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and India.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Venture capitalA form of financing or funding for emerging companies. Investment on early-stage companies in exchange for equity in the companies they invest in.
- Private equity firmInvestment manager that makes investments in the private equity of operating companies
- Private equityPrivate equity is a non-publicly traded source of capital from investors who seek to invest or acquire equity ownership in a company.
- InvestmentTerm in finance and economics
- Real estateNAICS industry subsector 531 - establishments primarily engaged in renting or leasing real estate to others; managing real estate for others; selling, buying, or renting real estate for others; and providing other real estate related services, such as appraisal services.