Arctic Wolf Networks is a cybersecurity company that focuses on the development of a platform designed to keep businesses' data secure. The company's platform provides vulnerability and risk management and uses APIs and machine learning to carry out real-time monitoring, analysis, and reports on users' behavior and cloud resources, enabling businesses to defend themselves against cybercrime and detect threats while eliminating the need for a dedicated security operations center.
The Arctic Wolf product suite offers the following solutions:
- Managed Detection and Response: Around-the-clock monitoring of networks, endpoints, and cloud environments to help users detect, respond, and recover from cyber-attacks
- Cloud Detection and Response: Identification and elimination of threats across IaaS and SaaS resources
- Managed Risk: Discovery, assessment, and general bolstering of a digital environment against digital risks through a contextualization of the attack surface coverage across networks, endpoints, and cloud environments
- Cloud Security Posture Management: Identification of cloud resources at risk and provision of guidance on increasing their security
- Managed Security Awareness: Preparation of employees to enable them to recognize and prevent social engineering strategies and human error, significant drivers of cybersecurity risk
The Arctic Wolf cloud-native security operations platform is built on an open XDR (extended detection and response) architecture and combines with the company's Concierge Security Model to work as an extension of the client's team. Arctic Wolf processes over 2 trillion events per week, eliminating common blind spots by utilizing telemetry from endpoint, network, and cloud data sources. The platform is designed to be vendor-neutral, meaning that clients' existing IT and security solutions are compatible by default and need not be discarded or replaced.
The platform has access to thirty distinct sources of security data and threat intelligence to provide context. It makes use of several detection methodologies, including machine learning, which enable the platform to detect suspicious and anomalous events within the collected data sets. The platform's custom detection rules allow the company to subsequently create personalized protection plans for clients. In analysis tasks, users can automatically detect advanced threats with the platform's machine learning capabilities and a number of detection engines.
All solutions built on the platform are delivered by a Concierge Security Team dedicated to the client. They are security operations experts that work with the client on actions such as threat detection and response and continue to collaborate with them on a long-term basis to ensure that their operational security is continually improving. The concierge team regularly meets with the client's team to review historical events, review reports on how their cybersecurity profile has evolved, and provide general guidance.
Arctic Wolf serves the following industries:
- Financial services
The company cited the following statistics tied to the sectors it serves:
- 88% of state and local government agencies have experienced at least one cyberattack in the two years preceding the survey that gathered this data.
- The average healthcare organization spends $1.4 million to recover from a cyberattack.
- According to Arctic Wolf, firms in the financial services sector are 300 times more likely than other companies to be targeted by a cyberattack.
- In 2021, the average cost of a data breach in an organization of less than 500 was $2.98M, up 26% from $2.35M in 2020.
- One in four law firms with more than one hundred attorneys has experienced a security breach.