Storj is a blockchain and software development company founded by Shawn Wilkinson, James Prestwich, Jim Lowry, John Quinn, and Tome Boshevski on April 3, 2014 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
The company offers a blockchain-based, encrypted, distributed cloud storage platform designed to be sustainable and open-source. Key features of the Storj cloud platform include end-to-end encryption, peer-to-peer technology, and very high availability.
The Storj cloud storage platform uses the platforms native ERC20 cryptocurrency token called STORJ that allows users to be rewarded for renting their unused storage space for for purchasing services offered by the Storj platform.
From May 19, 2017 to May 25, 2017 Storj held their initial coin offering (ICO) selling approximately $30 million worth of STORJ, their native cryptocurrency token for the Storj cloud storage platform.
On February 23, 2017 Storj completed a seed funding round raising $3 million in funding from Tank Stream Ventures, BnkToTheFuture, Google Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, Techstars, and Gabriel Jarrosson.
The following companies are open source partners with Storj
Executive Chairman & Interim CEO
Head of People & Culture
Public Relations Director
Vice President of Operations
Founder & Chief Revenue Officer
Vice President of Marketing
Director of Engineering
Business Development Manager
Chief Financial Officer
CTO & Principal DevOps Architect
Founder & CSO
A brief overview of Kademlia and its use in various decentralized platforms
Nextcloud joins Storj Labs to deliver decentralized, secure storage - Nextcloud
Storj A Peer-to-Peer Cloud Storage Network
Shawn Wilkinson, email@example.com Tome Boshevski, firstname.lastname@example.org Josh Brandoff, Vitalik Buterin
Storj Launches Version 3 of Its Decentralized Cloud Storage Platform
What is Storj - An Ultimate Guide on STORJ crypto
What is Storj? | Beginner's Guide - CoinCentral
Shawn Wilkinson,Tome Boshevski ,Josh Brando, James Prestwich,Gordon Hall, Patrick Gerbes, Philip Hutchins, Chris Pollard
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Decentralized Web: Story of Storj
September 14, 2018
Storj Tutorial - How to Rent Your Spare Hard Drive Space
November 6, 2017
Storj update! Blockchain, crypto, decentralized file storage V3
February 2, 2019
Storj: Decentralizing Cloud Storage
July 18, 2014
What is Storj? - Decentralized Data Too Soon? - #REVIEW
April 15, 2018
- Cloud storageModel of networked online storage
- Cluster: Blockchain and cryptocurrencyA cluster of topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- CompanyA company, abbreviated 'co.', is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- Decentralized application (dApp)A decentralized application (dApp) is a service that provides direct interaction between providers and end users providers through a blockchain or distributed ledger.
- FilecoinFilecoin is a blockchain based storage and cryptocurrency created by Protocol Labs.
- SiacoinSiaCoin is a cryptocurrency for distributed file storage.