Bittrex is a digital asset and cryptocurrency exchange platform that is based out of Seattle, Washington. The company was founded in 2013 by Bill Shihara, Richie Lai, Rami Kawach, and Ryan Hentz. The Bittrex trading platform offers its users access to trade over 250 digital assets and cryptocurrencies. Bittrex supports algorithmic trading and third party platforms through their APIs. Every digital asset and cryptocurrency listed on Bittrex conforms to to local laws through working with its network of international partners and operates within regulatory frameworks established by the Maltese Government and the European Union.
Fees charged by Bittrex are dependent on the maker and taker of each trade, and each trade is executed using the Bittrex matching engine. Bittrex charges a fee for executing transactions but does not charge makers a fee using their platform. Fees vary on Bitrexx based on the cryptocurrency pair being traded, and the 30-day trading volume of the taker involved in each transaction. Bittrex reduces taker fees based on each takers 30-day trading volume according to the USD value of total trades made over the past 30 days. Bittrex lowers taker fees to encourage liquidity on their platform.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BinanceBinance is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2017 by Changpeng Zhao.
- CoinbaseCoinbase is a digital asset exchange company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It operates exchanges of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
- FTX Trading Ltd.FTX is a cryptocurrency derivatives exchange company.
- KrakenKraken is a cryptocurrency exchange that facilitates spot and futures trading between Bitcoin, Ethereum, and over 200 other digital assets.
- KuCoin ExchangeKuCoin is a cryptocurrency exchange.
- Show More