The Octopus Network is a multichain interoperable cryptonetwork for launching and running Web3.0 Substrate-based application-specific blockchains, aka appchains. The Octopus Network is committed to unleashing a new wave of innovation for Web3.0.
Appchains in the Octopus Network benefit from being both autonomous blockchains and members of a well-connected network with access to rich services and facilities.
The Octopus Relay provides unprecedented flexible and cost-effective leased security. Appchains decide how much security they want and how much they are willing to pay for it.
Appchains enjoy out-of-the-box interoperability, including trustless interaction with NEAR, Ethereum, and any IBC enabled blockchains.
Infrastructure support for appchains includes testnet, RPC gateway, indexer, block explorer, wallet integration, archive service, and more.
The Octopus Network acts as a meta-community that scaffolds new appchain communities via fundraising, recruiting, know-how sharing, tokenomics design, token listing, and more.
The core of the Octopus Network is the Octopus Relay — a set of smart contracts running on the NEAR blockchain, aka mainchain, that implements the security leasing market. Octopus Network appchains sit on the demand side of the market. They pay rent in their native tokens to lease security from $OCT holders. $OCT holders that delegate their $OCT by staking on appchains have the opportunity to diversify their investment profiles with a wide variety of protocols.
The Octopus Relay enables appchains’ interoperability with NEAR protocol and Ethereum via the Rainbow Bridge. Additionally, appchains can utilize an out-of-box IBC pallet to connect with any IBC enabled blockchains directly. Thus, assets issued on Ethereum, NEAR, or any IBC enabled blockchain transfer into Octopus Network appchains trustlessly. Conversely, assets issued on appchains can be transferred trustlessly to Ethereum, NEAR, and any IBC enabled blockchain.
Create Protocol Appchain candidat cherche la révolution de Crée-pour-gagner
March 18, 2022
Crypto Influencer Vivi Lin Talks About Initiatives By Octopus Network To Provide Open Tech
April 5, 2022
Fat Hubs: Why We Are NOT Hub Minimalists | Octopus Network
November 29, 2021
How can Web3.0 leverage DeFi to succeed by Louis Liu, Octopus Network
November 16, 2021
Introduction To Multi Chain Network [Octopus Network]
March 11, 2022
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- Blockchain and cryptocurrencyTopics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Crypto (a cryptocurrency)Crypto (CTO) was a lite version of Bitcoin using a Lyra2RE as a proof-of-work algorithm.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- NEAR ProtocolNear is a decentralized development platform designed to support decentralized applications.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.
- Satoshi NakamotoSatoshi Nakamoto is the pseudonym for the person or group who designed and developed bitcoin.
- CoinMarketCapCoinMarketCap is a Dover, Delaware-based service with crypto market capitalizations, pricing and information. Founded by Brandon Chez. CoinMarketCap provides transparent data to the cryptocurrency community, enabling users to form conclusions and interpretation