IDbyDNA is a Salt Lake City-based biotechnology company with a focus on metagenomics technology. The company has developed technologies and a platform that profile micro-organisms and pathogens simultaneously in high volumes. The company has a solution for recognizing particles, pathogens, and other micro-organisms, and they called it Explify Respiratory. The solution applies DNA and RNA sequencing to detect and identify bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic pathogens by their unique genome sequences. The company uses this technology to identify common and rare pathogens, especially ones difficult to culture, new strains, and complex co-infections.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, IDbyDNA has made available their Explify Respiratory test which can detect 2019-nCoV as well as over 900 other pathogens. It has also partnered with Illumina to co-market the technology as well as develop it further for more advanced COVID-19 surveillance methods. IDbyDNA is in contact with and cooperates with public health agencies to ensure a coordinated response to suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in patients. The test is able to adapt to emerging and changing pathogens. Their technology and test is a validated Laboratory Developed Test.
IDbyDNA to Advance Platform, Now Including Novel Coronavirus, Expand Commercial Operations
January 29, 2020
Illumina taps IDbyDNA for infectious disease sequencing co-marketing initiative
March 18, 2020
Novel Wuhan Coronavirus Detectable with IDbyDNA Explify Respiratory Test
January 28, 2020
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
D1 16:15 T1-Charles Chiu, UCSF; Robert Schlaberg, IDbyDNA; Heike Sichtig FDA; and Mickey Kertesz, Karius
February 14, 2017
Sunnyvale, California, United States
- DiseaseAbnormal condition affecting organisms
- DNAMolecule that encodes the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and many viruses.
- RNARNA stands for ribonucleic acid. Messenger RNA (mRNA) is copied or transcribed from DNA and carries the coding information for the generation of a protein encoded by a gene. Different types of non-coding RNAs have roles in converting mRNA into protein and perform other regulatory functions in the cell.
- MicroorganismMicroscopic living organism
- COVID-19COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2.
- Cluster: COVID-19A cluster of topics related to COVID-19. COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the WHO.
- CoronavirusCDC Coronavirus: Coronaviruses are common throughout the world. They can infect people and animals. Five different coronaviruses can infect people and make them sick. They usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory illness.