Fifth Season is a company that looks to change indoor agriculture through automation, robotics, and software analytics. The company was founded by Austin Lawrence and Austin Webb in 2016, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.
The company has patent-pending technology that changes labor efficiency and crop output and provides data analysis for optimization from seed to harvest. The company looks to create fresh foods at a commercial scale while indoors using a vertical farm that uses their proprietary robotics. Growing indoors allows the company to grow all year.
Fifth Season | Bold Vision, Thoughtful Action
Fifth Season | Fresh, Local Greens All Year in Pittsburgh
Fifth Season | Order online
Fifth Season Company Profile: Valuation & Investors | PitchBook
RoBotany - Employees, Board Members, Advisors & Alumni
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Indoor Vertical Farming
- Vertical farmingVertical Farming is the agricultural practice of utilizing vertically stacked layers to grow crops.
- FarmingAgriculture is the science and art of cultivating plants and livestock.
- AgricultureCultivation of life forms for food, fiber, biofuel and other products used to sustain life
- Cluster: RoboticsA cluster of topics related to robotics.
- Cluster: Artificial intelligenceA cluster of topics related to artificial intelligence.