Coinbase Ventures is the investment arm of Coinbase that aims to invest in early-stage cryptocurrency and blockchain startups. The venture capital firm was founded in 2018 in San Francisco. Since its inception, Coinbase Ventures has made investments in over seventy different cryptocurrency and blockchain startups. Its portfolio includes companies like Securitize, OpenSea, Dapper Labs, and Bitski.
As of 2021, Coinbase Ventures has had four exits: Animoca Brands, Compound, Curv, and Elph Network. Coinbase Ventures has raised a single venture fund, Fund I. This fund was announced on Apr 6, 2018 and raised a total of $15M.
Coinbase President and COO Asiff Hirji
Funding Rounds Participated In
Director of Product
Coinbase unveils fund for early-stage cryptocurrency startups
Catherine Shu, TechCrunch
Introducing Coinbase Ventures – The Coinbase Blog
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
Coinbase President Asiff Hirji Introduces Brand New Venture | CNBC
6 April 2018
- CoinbaseCoinbase is a digital asset exchange company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It operates exchanges of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
- StartupA startup company is an entrepreneurial venture in the initial stage of its operations. Startups are typically young businesses aiming to grow quickly and meet a marketplace need by developing or offering an innovative product, process or service.
- Sequoia CapitalSequoia Capital is a venture capital firm that has invested in companies like Google, Apple, Cisco, YouTube, AirBnB and WhatsApp. Founded in 1972 by Donald Valentine, companies backed by Sequoia have created over $3.3 trillion dollars in market capitalization.
- Spartan CapitalSpartan Capital Securities is a financial services company offering investment advisory services.
- Polychain CapitalPolychain Capital manages a cryptocurrency hedge fund of actively managed blockchain digital assets.
- Show More