Coinbase Ventures is the investment arm of Coinbase. It primarily invests in early-stage cryptocurrency and blockchain startups. The firm was founded in 2018 in San Francisco by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. As of March 2022, Coinbase Ventures has made investments in nearly 230 different cryptocurrency and blockchain startups. Companies in its portfolio include Securitize, OpenSea, Dapper Labs, and Bitski.
Coinbase Ventures was founded in April 2018 by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. Armstrong is the firm's CEO. Coinbase Ventures was first launched with $15 million in funding.
Funding Rounds Participated In
Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong on Cryptocurrency and the Future of Decentralization
May 19, 2021
Coinbase CEO on how correlated the company's valuation is to the price of bitcoin
April 14, 2021
Coinbase Chief Legal Officer: SEC Exchange Definition 'Just Doesn't Work'
April 19, 2022
Coinbase President Asiff Hirji Introduces Brand New Venture | CNBC
April 6, 2018
Coinbase unveils fund for early-stage cryptocurrency startups
April 6, 2018
Venture Capital Firm attributes
- CoinbaseCoinbase is a digital asset exchange company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It operates exchanges of Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
- StartupA startup company is an entrepreneurial venture in the initial stage of its operations. Startups are typically young businesses aiming to grow quickly and meet a marketplace need by developing or offering an innovative product, process or service.
- Sequoia CapitalSequoia Capital is a venture capital firm that has invested in companies like Google, Apple, Cisco, YouTube, AirBnB, and WhatsApp. The firm was founded in 1972 by Donald Valentine, and companies backed by Sequoia have created over $3.3 trillion dollars in market capitalization.
- Spartan CapitalSpartan Capital Securities is a financial services company offering investment advisory services.
- Polychain CapitalPolychain Capital manages a cryptocurrency hedge fund of actively managed blockchain digital assets. Polychain invests in protocols and companies in the blockchain space, advancing the global adoption of cryptocurrencies.
- Show More