Jinglan Wang & Karl Floersch: Optimism - The Optimistic Approach to Ethereum Scaling (#336)
April 21, 2020
- OptimismOptimistic Rollups take advantage of the consensus mechanism (like PoW or PoS) of their parent chain instead of providing their own. In Optimism's case this parent blockchain is Ethereum.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- Crypto (a cryptocurrency)Crypto (CTO) was a lite version of Bitcoin using a Lyra2RE as a proof-of-work algorithm.
- UniswapAutomated liquidity protocol on Ethereum
- EthereumEthereum is an open-source, public, distributed blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreements.
- Vitalik ButerinVitalik Buterin is a Russian-Canadian computer scientist, programmer, writer and founder of Ethereum.
- ArbitrumArbitrum (ARB) is an Ethereum scaling solution developed by Offchain Labs.
- LyraLyra is an options trading protocol accessing the scalability of Layer 2 Ethereum to provide a robust, lightning-fast and reliable trading experience.
- Show More