The China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) is one of the four large-state owned companies in China that has entered the international project contracting market. The company is a civil engineering and infrastructure and construction company, focusing on projects including roads, bridges, ports, railways, tunnels, water conservancy projects, municipal works, and dredging works. CRBC operates both domestically and internationally, with more than fifty branches and offices in over fifty countries and regions in Asia, Africa, Europe, and America.
The CRBC grew out of the Foreign Aid Office of the Ministry of Communications of China in 1958 to undertake overseas projects and has been aided and financed by the Chinese government since. In 1979, CRBC was formally established to enter the international market and was made a wholly-owned subsidiary of China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC) in 2005. Since then, CRBC has become one of CCCC's leading companies and has become a known brand in the international projects contracting field.
CRBC has adopted EPC and PPP modes and has been a member or a contractor on projects such as:
- Tajikistan-Uzbekistan Highway
- Pakistan Karakoram Highway Improvement Project
- Mauritania Nouakchott Friendship Harbour Reconstruction and Expansion Project
- Serbia Zemun-Borca Project
- Mombasa-Nairobi SGR Project
- Naivasha-Kisumu-Malaba SGR Project in Kenya
- Hungary-Serbia Railway Project
- Pointe Noire New Port Project in Congo-Brazzaville