b-to-v Partners AG is a private equity and venture capital firm specializing in direct and fund of funds investments in the Fintech sector. Within direct investments, the firm invests in startup/seed phase, early stage, later stage, series A, emerging growth, growth capital, succession situations, buyouts, and buyins.
b-to-v is both a venture capital firm and a leading investor network. They provide a deal flow, in the form of lead- and co-investment-opportunities, collaborative investment processes and access to a network of entrepreneurs.
btov Partners, founded in 2000, is a European venture capital firm with offices in Berlin, Luxembourg, Munich, and St. Gallen. The investment focus is on digital and industrial technology companies. btov manages its own funds, partner funds, and offers private investors and family offices access to direct investments. The company manages assets of EUR 420 million through its three divisions and examines over 3,000 investment opportunities annually.
btov Partners is a European venture capital firm managing institutional funds, partner funds and direct investments of private investors. With investment teams in Digital and Industrial Tech, btov invests EUR 50m per year in high growth companies with ticket sizes from EUR 0.25M to 3.5M. Over multiple financing rounds, they increase their commitment up to EUR 10M. The most renowned investments include DataArtisans, DeepL, Facebook, ORCAM, Raisin, SumUp, Volocopter, FINANZCHECK.de, Blacklane, Flaconi, Foodspring, and XING.
btov Partners has made 112 investments. Their most recent investment was on Feb 26, 2019, when they invested €10M in i2x. btov Partners has had 12 exits which include Data Artisans, Exosome Diagnostics, and FINANZCHECK.de. The firm has raised a total of $421.8M across 8 funds, one of them being btov Industrial Technologies Fund. This fund was announced on Feb 13, 2019, and raised a total of €80M.
- Within fund of funds, the firm makes secondary investments. The firm typically invests in small and medium technology companies, renewable energy, clean technologies, internet and mobile, and life sciences companies with an emphasis on innovation.
- The firm invests in B2C- and B2B-oriented businesses in the fields of commerce, marketplaces, and software.
- The firm also invests in deep technology including 4.0, resource efficiency, industrial AI, IoT, enterprise software, cybersecurity, as well as Medical Technology.
- It invests in Europe with a focus on Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, and also invest outside of Europe on a case-by-case basis.
- The firm seeks to make Initial investments amount to €0.25 million ($.0.28 million) to €3.5 million ($3.97 million) and can increase total investment to €10 million ($11.36 million).
- The firm prefers to invest in the form of equity and seeks to invest between €0.5 million ($0.65 million) and €5 million ($6.56 million) in start-up companies.
- For growth investments, MBOs, MBIs, and successions the firm typically invest between €4 million ($5.24 million) and €28.6 million ($37.26 million).
- The lead investors in the firm prefer to take a Board seat.