Kamal Ravikant is a founder, an investor, and an author of non-fiction and fiction books. He received his Bachelors for Economics and Biology from the University of Rochester.
Kamal Ravikant has founded companies in Silicon Valley since the late 1990's. This includes founding and serving as CEO of Revnetics.
As an Investor, Kamal Ravikant works to follow investors such as Naval Ravikant, Tim Chang, and Brian Norgard and invest alongside them at the same terms. In his investments, he works to offer the companies his network of entrepreneurs, help the companies find other investments, and promote them through national media. His investments have included:
- ZCash: invested at the Seed stage and exited the investment.
- Teachable: invested at the Seed stage and exited at a $250 million valuation.
- Carta: invested in the A round at $18 million valuation.
- Bolt: invested in the Seed round.
- Alation: invested in the Seed round at a $9 million valuation.
- Clearbit: invested in a pre-seed round (at a $2 million valuation) and in the Seed round (at a $6 million valuation).
- Sqwiggle: invested in the Seed round.
- Shyp: invested in the Seed round.
- Drop: invested in the Series A round.
- Origin Protocol: invested in an April 2018 round.
Kamal Ravikant has lead investment funds, where he has achieved a return of 5.16 times return on committed capital after management fees.
Kamal Ravikant published this non-fiction collection of thoughts on what he learned through his successes and failures on June 7, 2012 through CreateSpace, Amazon's self-publishing service. The book was later picked up by HarperCollins and republished on January 7, 2020.
Kamal Ravikant's second non-fiction book is described as "a guide to the crucial journey of self-exploration and personal discovery" which was first published by Kamal Ravikant on July 7, 2013. The book has since been published in subsequent editions by Founderzen.
Rebirth: A Fable of Love, Forgiveness, and Following Your Heart is Kamal Ravikant's first fiction novel published on January 3, 2017 by Hachette Books. The book follows the fictional character Amit as he wanders across Europe after the death of the characters estranged father and inspired by Kamal Ravikant's trip across the Camino de Santiago in Spain.
Kamal Ravikant's Newsletter