Brad Garlinghouse is an American businessman born in Topeka, Kansas in 1971. He is the CEO of Ripple Labs Inc., a cryptocurrency company competing in the international transfers space with other financial technology companies such as SWIFT. He is also a member of Ripple's Board of Directors.
Prior to becoming CEO on January 1st, 2017, Garlinghouse had been the President and Chief Operating Officer at Ripple Labs since April of 2015.
Previous roles before joining Ripple include:
- CEO at Hightail - formerly YouSendIt (2012 - 2014)
- President of Applications and Commerce at AOL (2009 - 2011)
- SVP of Communications at Yahoo (2003 - 2008)
- Board Member at Animoto (2012 - 2017)
- Board Member at Tonic Health (2011 - 2016)
- Board Member at Ancestry.com (2013 - 2016)