Altimmune is a therapeutics, treatment, and vaccine development company that looks to find response and prevention solutions. The company was founded by De-chu Christopher Tang in 1997, in Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States.
The company is known for their programs that deal with peptide-based therapeutics for liver diseases, peptide-conjugated immuno-stimulants for cancer, and intranasal vaccines for Anthrax and Influenza.
With the outbreak of COVID-19, Altimmune announced the development of a single-dose, intranasal vaccine against the virus which was caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The vaccine design and synthesis has been advanced to animal testing and manufacturing. A Phase 2 clinical study with NasoVAX demonstrated the ability the delivery system was durable and stimulated a broad immune response against the influenza virus. They believe the same delivery system would work for the vaccine in development for COVID-19.
November 15, 2019
Altimmune Completes First Development Milestone Toward a Single-Dose Intranasal COVID-19 Vaccine - Altimmune
Coronavirus outbreak: Top coronavirus drugs and vaccines in development
March 6, 2020
- CompanyA company, abbreviated as "Co." within a company name, is a legal entity made up of an association of people, be they natural, legal, or a mixture of both, for carrying on a commercial or industrial enterprise.
- ImmunotherapyImmunotherapy aims to treat disease through activation or suppression of an immune response. For example activating immunotherapies can target cancer and suppressive immunotherapies can target autoimmunity.
- TherapeuticsA branch of medicine using a treatment, therapy, or drug to treat, alleviate, or prevent disease, pain, or injury.
- COVID-19COVID-19 is the abbreviated name for coronavirus disease 2019, a respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus strain called SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan City, China and the outbreak was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 by the World Health Organization.
- VaccineBiological preparation that improves immunity to a particular disease
Daniel FrumkinMechanical engineering, cryptocurrencies, AI, and travel.
Patrick PumA crypto enthusiast since 2018 with an aviation management educational background
Jason D. RowleyFormer Data Acquisition Lead @ Golden (Recursion Inc.). Excited about open knowledge and pulling the future forward.
Katrina-Kay PettittData Duchess @ Golden
Marie Gabrielle Laguna- BediaCo-founder and Managing Partner of Eternus Global. Physician of internal medicine, app developer and entrepreneur
Duzenko AndreyExtensive experience in development and interaction with the community
Henry OgollaPassionate about reading and writing.
Aime Anne NisaySoftware QA of web and mobile applications