Our vision is to provide you with a better everyday life. We work hard every day to make sure that the customers choose our stores every time. We shall therefore have the
most attractive selection of products, at the lowest possible price. We must make sure that our customers save time and money, have a good food experience, and find it easier to make green and healthy choices.
Our ambitions is to be the customer´s first choice, competitiveness throughout the value chain and sustainable and climate-neutral.
- 1,850 grocery stores in 88 per cent of Norway’s municipalities
- 900 points of sale as retail convenience goods stores
- 1,000 independent retailers
- 40,000 employees representing 70 different nationalities
- 1,200 business partners
NorgesGruppen has a close cooperation with Norwegian suppliers. We sell products from 1 120 different suppliers. Our purchasing department has one main focus: the most attractive product range for the best possible price.
NorgesGruppen has a position as market leader within retail, convenience and the professional markets. Moreover we demonstrate a proven record of long term contracts and a significant investment in growth.
Our retail chains are well known by the Norwegian consumer, and NorgesGruppen invests significant resources in securing knowledge and insight in our target markets and consumers. We pride ourselves on a high level of consumer understanding. Category development is a priority and we strongly believe that brands should be well represented in our stores. Each year we launch around 1500 new products in our stores, and we gladly welcome real innovation.
We hold annual central negotiations with around 200 suppliers. In addition, we have local and regional contracts with approximately 400 smaller suppliers. This results in a range in our stores which we believe meets and matches our customers’ needs and preferences. An average KIWI store lists around 4 000 products, whereas a large supermarket, for example MENY, has up to 20,000 products. Regardless of store size, turnover or range, all products are purchased centrally by NorgesGruppen’scentral purchasing department, ensuring that we achieve the most attractive product range for the best possible price, over the whole of Norway and always with our customers’ needs in focus.
If you wish to become a supplier to NorgesGruppen, please find relevant information in the menu to the left.
NorgesGruppens consumers shall always be confident that the products they buy from us meet our strict demands for quality, food safety and hygiene, environmental and ethical standards.
NorgesGruppen therefore works proactively in order to ensure that our suppliers have this important focus. Below you will find an overview of the expectations we have of our suppliers regarding food safety and hygiene and environmental and ethical issues.
NorgesGruppen demands that no suppliers engage in ruthless exploitation or environmental crime affecting resources in the supply chain. We work for the reduction and minimal usage of products and packaging with negative environmental impact.
NorgesGruppen has an important role in ensuring that our consumers can choose products with a minimal negative environmental impact.
Optimal packing and loading of products ensure maximum utilization of transport vehicles, thus reducing transport pollution.
NorgesGruppen’s suppliers must comply with Trade Standards when designing new products and packaging, and when developing and improving existing products.
NorgesGruppen’s suppliers must be a member of Grønt Punkt Norge or Norsirk.
Grønt Punkt Norge is responsible for financing the recovery and recycling of used packaging on behalf of the industrial sector in Norway including plastic, paper, glass, carton and cardboard.
Norsirk is an NGO who takes responsibility for electrical waste disposal and disposal of electronic equipment (WEEE), batteries and packaging.
NorgesGruppen has an important social responsibility and our goal is to combine healthy business management with a distinct responsibility for the community and the environment.
One important aspect of social responsibility is the working conditions for the workers who participate in the production of products which are sold by NorgesGruppen.
To illustrate how important this is to our suppliers, our own employees and other business partners, NorgesGruppen has implemented Ethical Guidelines for Purchasing (Code of Conduct). These guidelines are based on internationally recognized demands for workers’ and human rights, as well as our own ethical and environmental demands. These demands are regulated by the contracts we sign with all our suppliers.
We communicate openly and honestly about environmental, social and governance factors – so-called ESG factors – that are related to our business. The following is an overview of the ESG factors that are most important to NorgesGruppen.
NorgesGruppen has organised its work on sustainability in areas where we can make the greatest impact. Together, these areas cover the environmental, social and governance factors we believe to be essential to our business. We have set ambitious and specific goals, and we have been reporting openly and honestly since 2013 on our results in our Annual and Sustainability reports.
We have found that our financial stakeholders are becoming increasingly interested in information about ESG, namely information on environmental, social and governance issues related to our business.
This is information which we provide across our five areas of action. We have therefore provided you with a simple overview, for those of you who would like to know more about our approach to ESG. Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
- NorgesGruppen aims to be climate-neutral in our operations
- We will reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and reduce the environmental impact of our operations
- We want to meet sustainability requirements throughout the value chain
- We want to give our customers more green choices
- Using renewable energies and phasing out fossil fuels
- Streamlining energy use and increasing our share of renewable energy
- Phasing out HFCs (hydrofluorocarbons)
- Reducing food waste and using food waste for biogas and animal feed
- Working with a circular economy and increasing sorting at source
- Reducing plastic waste and increasing plastic recycling
- Maintaining good animal welfare
- Slowing down deforestation in the value chain
- Promoting sustainable fishing and fish farming
- Offering more environmentally friendly products
- Inspiring our customers to eat a greener diet
- Building eco-friendly stores with a smaller climate footprint
- NorgesGruppen wants to offer proper jobs for everyone, including those not currently in employment
- We want to achieve a better gender balance in our business
- We want to prevent violations of employment rights and human rights in the value chain
- We want to contribute to better public health by providing healthier products
- We want to contribute to value creation in local areas and communities
- Offering more apprenticeships and job training positions
- Promoting diversity management and contributing to integration and language learning
- Ensuring that suppliers have systems in place to prevent the violation of employee rights
- Promoting a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, fish, wholemeal bread and healthy products
- Reducing salt, sugar and saturated fat in the goods we sell
- Helping retailers to create jobs across the country
- Supporting and developing local food producers and Norwegian agriculture
- The Board, owners and management of NorgesGruppen are strongly committed to the work of sustainability which is enshrined in our management principles
- Specialist managers oversee each of the areas of sustainability
- NorgesGruppen’s ethical guidelines for employees and suppliers and suppliers/partners
- Alert system and zero tolerance to corruption
- Adhering to the Group’s ethical guidelines at all levels of the organisation, and monitoring the supply chain
- Preventing all forms of possible corruption
- Ensuring that all businesses have or are associated with an alert scheme
- Investing in environmental solutions, with lower requirements in terms of rates of return than other investments