Founded initially in 2013 in Palo Alto, California, Menlo Security is now a Mountain View, California-based company providing cloud-based internet isolation for cybersecurity threats. The company was founded by Poornima DeBolle, Gautam Altekar, and Amir Ben-Efraim, the former vice president of cloud security at Juniper Networks, where he helped develop its virtualized data center, public clouds, and private clouds.
Menlo Security offers numerous products as solutions for enterprise businesses. Menlo states that its cybersecurity approach is that threats should be isolated away from end-points and business networks to eliminate phishing, web malware, and reduce theft of credentials.
Isolation CoreTM is the flagship product developed by Menlo Security. It is a cloud-based platform for isolating users to web browse on remote servers. The isolation on remote servers enables Menlo to prevent attacks from ever reaching physical devices. Menlo
Menlo Security has received multiple awards since its inception in 2013, including awards from Forbes and Gartner.
- Tech Laureates 2020 Cybersecurity Award Winner
- Top 100 Cybersecurity Startups for 2020
- CRN: 2018 Security 100
- Menlo Security named SINET Cybersecurity Innovator 2017
- Menlo Security named as a 2017 Cool Vendor in Security for Midsize Enterprises by Gartner
- American Business Awards: Two Bronze Stevies
- CRN: 2017 Security 100
- JPMorgan Chase Recognizes Menlo Security with Hall of Innovation Award
- Menlo Security Named SINET Cybersecurity Innovator
- Information Week's 10 Innovative Network Security Startups
- Interop Japan 2016 Grand Prize Winner
- 2016 Red Herring Winner
- MIT Innovation Showcase 2016 Top 10 Finalist
- TiEcon 2016
- Finalist in RSA Most Innovative Startup Contest
- Menlo Security named Forbes' Hottest Cybersecurity Startup in 2015.
- CRN: 2016 Security 100
- Menlo Security named Gold Startup of the Year Winner of 2016 Global Excellence Awards by Info Security Products Guide
- The Hottest Startups of 2015 by Forbes
Menlo Security, a malware and phishing prevention startup, announced a $100 million Series E today on an $800 million valuation. The round was led by Vista Equity Partners with help from Neuberger Berman, General Catalyst, JP Morgan, and other unnamed existing investors.
Today's Series D round was led by JP Morgan Asset Management, with participation from existing investors General Catalyst, Sutter Hill Ventures, Osage University Partners, American Express Ventures, HSBC.
Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Menlo Security as a Growth and Innovation Leader in the Asia-Pacific Web Security Market
Frost & Sullivan
November 23, 2020
How Menlo Security Channel Partners Doubled Quarter-Over-Quarter Pipeline Growth in Under One Year, PartnerOn Journal
Partner on Journal
June 9, 2020
Menlo Security, Internet Isolation separates users from the public web
September 10, 2019