Melonport is a blockchain and software development company that was founded in 2016 by Mona El Isa and Reto Trinkler and is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland. Melonport is developing a cryptocurrency asset management platform designed to automate aspects of asset management using their watermelon protocol. The frontend of the Melonport platform is built on top of the Interplanetary File System (IPFS) and the backend of the platform is built on top of Ethereum using smart contracts.
In February 2019 Melonport handed over the maintenance and governance of the Melonport protocol to the Melon Council, which initially consisted of Will Harborne, Nick Munoz-McDonald, KR1, Mathew Di Ferrante, Woorton, Martin Lundfall, Fabian Gompf, and Jenna Zenk. Melonport uses a multi-stakeholder governance model for resource allocation, protocol upgrades, and adjusting of network parameters. Every every year 300,600 MLN is inflated and is set aside for blockchain developers and maintainers.
Initial coin offering (ICO)
On June 1, 2017 Melonport announced raising an undisclosed amount of seed funding from KR1.
Head of Design
Mona El Isa
Founder & CEO
Chairman & Co-Founder
Simon E. Schmid
Head of UX/Front-End
Introduction to the Melon Governance System - Melonport Blog - Medium
Melon Protocol: A Blockchain Protocol For Digital Asset Management
Reto Trinkler Aand Mona El Isa
Melonomics Part 2: The Melon Engine - Melonport Blog - Medium
Mona El Isa
Melonport and ICONOMI founders come to Disrupt Berlin to talk about the future of ICOs
Melonport Co-Founder Joins the Decentralized Crypto Exchange Race - CoinDesk
What is Melon (2018 Edition) - Melonport Blog - Medium
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- BlockchainA blockchain is an append-only digital ledger storing a set of time-ordered transactions grouped in blocks that are linked together using cryptographic hashes.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- Cryptocurrency hedge fundCryptocurrency hedge funds manage investments into cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
- IconomiIconomi is a cryptocurrency and digital asset management platform allowing individuals to create digital asset arrays of digital tokens which anyone can invest in.
- NumeraiNumerai is a hedge fund whose stock market trades are determined by crowdsourced artificial intelligence models. The best models receive rewards in the form of a cryptographic token called Numeraire (NMR) on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Show More