Dnipro State Medical University was founded on September 15, 1916 on the basis of the Yekaterinoslav Higher Women's Courses. Previously, there was the status of an academy - from 1920 (returned in 1994 by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 224 of April 20, 1994) to March 15, 2021. March 16, 2021 The State Institution "Dnepropetrovsk Medical Academy of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine" by order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 473 dated March 16, 2021 changed its type and was renamed Dnipro State Medical University.
The structure of the university includes 6 faculties (two medical, dental, two international faculties and a faculty of postgraduate education), which train over 4.5 thousand students and medical cadets.
646 teachers work at 59 departments, including 98 doctors of sciences and 359 candidates of sciences. In total, the academy employs over 1100 employees.
42 clinical departments are located on the bases of 28 hospitals and use over 15 thousand beds. 29 specialized centers are organized at the clinical bases of the university.
The university covers an area of 85 hectares. It has 8 educational buildings with a total area of 52,000 sq.m., which house 608 classrooms, classrooms and laboratories. In 6 dormitories (1,3,4,5,6,7) with an area of 46,000 sq.m. 2849 students and medical cadets live. The university has a sports complex, a vivarium, a sports and health camp, a scientific library, a technology center and two museums.
Dnipro State Medical University - leader of medical education!
July 5, 2021