Boston Scientific is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices that is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts and was founded in 1979 by John Abele and Pete Nicholas.
The company is interested in providing medical solutions for patients and to improve the health of patients around the world. The company holds medical specialties including electrophysiology, female pelvic medicine, gastroenterology, gynecology, interventional cardiology, interventional radiology and oncology, neurological surgery, orthopedic surgery, pain medicine, pulmonology, structural heart, urology, and vascular surgery.
The company looks to provide educational systems and programs to support healthcare professionals in the delivery of patient care worldwide. They offer procedural simulations and learning programs with globally-recognized faculty. They provide curriculums for their medical specialties. They also dedicate training centers around the world through institute for advancing science.
In announcing its decision on Tuesday, the F.D.A. said that Boston Scientific and Coloplast, a Danish company, had not demonstrated a reasonable assurance of safety and effectiveness for the devices.
Boston Scientific launches AdVance XP male stress urinary incontinence sling - MassDevice
Boston Scientific acquires Millipede for $325m with an additional $125 million based on a commercial milestone.
Boston Scientific agreed to offer roughly $4.24 billion to acquire BTG.
Boston Scientific amends an existing $1 billion credit agreement to help fund the BTG acquisition.
Boston Scientific initially invests $90 million into Millipede, with an option to acquire the remaining shares in the company for $325 million and an additional $125 million milestone payment.
Boston Scientific raises a $30,000,000 series C round from ONSET Ventures, Accuitive Medical Ventures, Boston Scientific and Finistere Ventures.
Boston Scientific raises a $19,000,000 series B round from ONSET Ventures and Boston Scientific.
Boston Scientific raises a $9,000,000 series A round from ONSET Ventures.
Boston Scientific was founded by John Abele.
John G Herndon
Boston Scientific and Osiris Therapeutics Announce Stem Cell Alliance: Alliance to develop and commercialize cardiovascular therapies using adult Mesenchymal Stem Cells | Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
Documentaries, videos and podcasts
- Cluster: BiotechnologyA cluster of topics related to biotechnology.
- Cluster: Stem cell technologyTechnology used for isolating, generating, growing and controlling the differentiation of stem cells into specialized cells and the application of stem cell technology for medical and non-medical purposes such as producing meat through cellular agriculture.
- BiotechnologyBiotechnology can refer to the application of science and technology to living organisms or the use of living organisms, their parts, products or models thereof to solve a problem, produce knowledge or produce goods and services. Biotechnology may involve the alteration of living or non-living materials.
- Stem cellStem cells are self-renewing cells that have the potential to become multiple different cell types in the body. Stem cells are found in developing embryos. Adult stem cells maintain and repair tissues throughout life. Induced pluripotent stem cells are a type of stem cell derived from adult cells that are reprogrammed in the lab.
- Osiris TherapeuticsOsiris Therapeutics is a biotechnology company making stem cell products to treat medical conditions.