Bitkub was founded in Thailand in February 2018 with a valuation of 525 million baht (≈ 17 mln USD) and investment from Total Access Communication Plc, DTAC Accelerate and SEAx. The company raised a total of $1.67m in pre-Series A round.In October 2018, Bitkub as an exchange received the permission to operate the business until further notice. As at November 2018, the exchange had over 20,000 user accounts and was providing 6 cryptocurrencies trading pairs including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, OmiseGo, Wanchain and Bitcoin Cash against Thai Baht. The company planned to launch 20 more cryptocurrencies with a total 26 cryptocurrencies to the platform.
In January 2019, the company received cryptocurrency and digital token exchange license to operate from the Thai Ministry of Finance.In January 2020, Bitkub entered into partnership with Ripple to enhance cross-border XRP transactions.
Bitkub offers exchange services to individuals who intend to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrency.
- Cryptocurrency exchangePlatforms for buying and selling digital assets: cryptocurrencies, tokens, NFTs, futures, etc. They perform the same role as regular stock exchanges.
- Blockchain and cryptocurrencyTopics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- BitcoinBitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto. It was released as open-source software in 2009.
- CryptocurrencyA cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency. Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies.
- MarketplaceAn offline or online market for trading.