Anthony Scaramucci is an American entrepreneur and political consultant, best known for his brief stint as the ‘White House’ director of communications from July 21 to July 31, 2017. He grew up in a lower-middle-class Italian–American family in Port Washington. He began working when he was 11 years old. Following his high-school graduation, he joined ‘Tufts University’ and earned a bachelor’s degree in economics. He then joined ‘Harvard Law School’ and earned a Juris Doctor degree. Following his graduation, he began working as an investment banker with ‘Goldman and Sachs.’ After quitting the organization in 1996, he launched his own finance company, ‘Oscar Capital Management.’ He later founded ‘SkyBridge Capital.’ He was appointed to the ‘White House’ as an assistant to Donald Trump and as the director of the ‘White House Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs’ in 2017. He was later appointed as the ‘White House’ director of communications but was removed from the position within 10 days. He is now a staunch critic of Donald Trump and supports ‘Democrat’ Joe Biden’s run for presidency.
Nick Name: The Mooch
Age: 58 Years, 58 Year Old Males
Family: Spouse/Ex-: Deidre Ball (M. 2014), Lisa Miranda (M. 1988 - Div. 2014)
Father: Alexander Scaramucci
Mother: Marie DeFeo Scaramucci
Children: Alexander Scaramucci, Anthony Scaramucci, James Scaramucci, Jr., Nicholas Scaramucci
Born Country: United States
American Men Harvard Law School
Height: 5'9" (175 cm), 5'9" Males
Ancestry: Italian American
U.S. State: New Yorkers
Notable Alumni: Tufts University
Childhood & Early Life
Anthony Scaramucci was born on January 6, 1964, on Long Island, New York City, U.S., into the Italian–American family of Marie and Alexander Scaramucci. His was a lower-middle-class household. His father worked as a construction worker, and his mother was a homemaker. His family had been living in the U.S. ever since his paternal grandfather had moved to the country. Anthony grew up with two siblings, a brother and a sister.
He spent most of his childhood in Port Washington, in an Italian neighborhood. His father could barely make ends meet. Hence, Anthony Scaramucci had to start working while managing his academics at the same time. At the age of 11, he began working on a paper route. However, he soon exhibited his entrepreneurial skills. He was quite friendly with his customers, and this helped him add more customers to his route.
He was academically good and graduated from the ‘Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School’ in Port Washington. He then attended ‘Tufts University’ and obtained a bachelor’s degree in economics. Before him, none of his family members had attended college.
He then joined ‘Harvard Law School’ and pursued law. He graduated with a Juris Doctor degree in 1989. He later stated that he had found an interest in finance during his time at ‘Harvard Law School.’ He had initially planned to practice law, as it was a highly lucrative field. However, the chance to earn more interested him, and after graduating college, he began working in the finance and investment company ‘Goldman Sachs.’
- Soon after he graduated from ‘Harvard Law School,’ Anthony began working as an investment banker with ‘Goldman Sachs.’ However, he was fired from the company after he completed a year with them, as his work there had been sub-par. He was later re-hired in the equities division, where he finally settled.
- In 1993, he was promoted to the position of the vice-president in the ‘Private Wealth Management’ division of the bank. He wished to gain experience in the company, as he wanted to use that experience to eventually launch his own finance company.
- He quit his job and, along with one of his colleagues from ‘Goldman Sachs,’ launched ‘Oscar Capital Management’ in 1996. The gamble paid off, and his company became a successful firm pretty quickly.
- The company was sold to ‘Neuberger Berman’ in 2001. ‘Neuberger Berman,’ in turn, was acquired by ‘Lehman Brothers.’ Anthony Scaramucci was appointed as the managing director in the ‘Investment Management Division’ of the new firm.
- In the mid-2000s, he laid the foundation of an alternative investment firm, named ‘SkyBridge Capital.’ The company had a global presence and was immensely successful since its foundation.
- In 2011, he was honored at the ‘New York Awards,’ for running the firm successfully. He also won the ‘Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year’ award that year. Later, in 2016, ‘Worth’ magazine honored him with a place on the list of the 100 most powerful people in global finance.
- In addition, he was also the chairman of the ‘SkyBridge Alternatives Conference’ (SALT). In 2017, the firm was sold off to a major Chinese conglomerate that had strong links with the ‘Chinese Communist Party,’ and Anthony Scaramucci gave up all his roles in the company.
- He currently runs a restaurant in Manhattan and a media venture called ‘Scaramucci Post.’
Anthony Scaramucci was a staunch ‘Democrat’ in the past and had supported the presidential campaigns of Barack Obama in the 2000s. Although he disagreed with Obama on a few financial issues, he was still one of his biggest admirers and even held a fundraiser party for his political campaign. He also supported the gun-control laws and openly said that gay marriage should be legalized in the country.
Being a liberal as far as his political views are concerned, he had earlier been a strong critic of Donald Trump. He once described Trump as a rhetoric expert and as a man who believes in divisive politics. He also criticized the right wing for maligning entire communities such as the Muslims and the Mexicans for the actions of a few.
However, by 2016, he had had a change of thoughts. Although he never endorsed Trump as the president and had supported Jeb Bush or Scott Walker as the ‘Republican’ candidates for the presidential elections, his views on Trump changed after the latter won the presidential elections in 2016.
In June 2017, he was named as the senior vice-president and chief strategy officer of the ‘Export-Import Bank’ of the U.S.
Despite his earlier scathing attacks on Trump, he was appointed as an assistant to President Donald Trump in 2017. He also served as the director of the ‘White House Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs’ for a while. Around the same time, there were constant reports of discontentment in the ‘White House’ and a power struggle that became clearer when Anthony was ignored for the position of the director of the ‘Office of Public Liaison.’
However, in July 2017, he was appointed as the ‘White House’ communications director. He was to report to President Trump directly and not to the ‘White House’ chief of staff (which was the norm).
He was appointed on July 21 and, rather surprisingly, the internal politics within the ‘White House’ and the leakage of some of his financial records caused his removal from the ‘White House’ on July 31. His tenure was one of the shortest in the ‘White House.’
Until July 2019, Anthony Scaramucci supported Trump’s campaign for his re-elections, but he changed his opinions quickly. When Trump commented on black women, Anthony called him “racist.” In August that year, he said that he would not support Donald Trump in the 2020 elections.
He later claimed that even though he was still a ‘Republican,’ he would never support Trump, as the latter had lost his mind, according to him. He currently serves as an advisor to ‘Right Side PAC,’ a group formed by ‘Republicans’ who refused to support Trump for the 2020 election and decided to lend their support to ‘Democrat’ Joe Biden instead.
Family & Personal Life
Anthony Scaramucci married Lisa Miranda in 1988. The couple separated in 2011, and their divorce was approved in 2014. The same year, Anthony married Deidre Ball. He had five children: three from his first marriage and two from his second marriage. His second marriage was also troubled, but the couple somehow made it work.
He is a published author and has written books such as ‘Goodbye Gordon Gekko’ and ‘The Little Book of Hedge Funds.